8.05.2016

essential oils // tiff's tips

It's Friday!!! Who is going to be stuck inside doing laundry all weekend? *both hands raised* Actually, I try my best to do a bit of laundry every day throughout the week so that I'm not drowning in dirty clothes when the weekend rolls around. I have a pretty good schedule down where I wash diapers every other night, and the other nights I throw in some clothes + cloth napkins, wipes, etc. During the week days I do separate loads for sheets and towels and delicates and Sherman's blankets and such. So our very tired laundry machine is pretty much going 'round the clock, or at the very least, twice a day ... every single day. My point? Other than a very exciting laundry post on a Friday? We do a lot of laundry and I want it to smell good. I also don't want harsh chemicals on our clothes or worse, on our babies' skin. Have you googled what is in a typical dryer sheet? Yikes. So here's my tip(s) for the day ... 

  1. Throw away those icky dryer sheets that contain toxic chemicals.
  2. Purchase a few wool dryer balls, which you can use over and over and over again.
  3. Get your hands on a starter kit of oils. You won't regret it.
  4. Grab Purification or Lemon (or both, like I do) from your kit.
  5. Put 2-4 drops of oil onto your pretty wool dryer balls and add to your wet laundry.
  6. Be prepared for your laundry to smell AMAZING. 
  7. Enjoy your weekend!

more about oils over here.