3.26.2016

bumbo baby

I mentioned that Keller recently took his first bite of sweet potato. And I literally gave him one bite to start out with. My plan was to take it slow with solids. To just give him a couple of bites here and there, and to wait several days before introducing a new food. But somehow the kid is already eating two meals a day and has tried sweet potato, avocado, banana and rice cereal. And it's only been a week. He opens his mouth for more. Leans forward for more. Cries out for more. More More More! Tonight, after dinner, I frantically steamed and blended some green beans for Keller to try sometime soon and we plan to whip up some carrot puree to freeze tomorrow. Just to be ready. The only bad thing about this new love for solid foods? His already-hard-to-squeeze-in-the-bumbo cinnamon roll knees are just going to get bigger. And these bumbos only come in one size. So I'm soaking up every second of my bumbo baby. Because bumbo babies don't keep.