2.09.2016

bye bye glasses

I am not sure which was scarier ... having LASIK surgery or leaving my nursing baby who refuses to take a bottle. But we survived! Dan had LASIK about a year ago and only had great things to say about it. He failed to tell me just exactly how scary it is to have your eyelids pried open while the surgeon cuts and peels back a flap of your eyeball and shoots a laser beam into your eye (the fancy terminology says "use a microkeratome to create a thin flap in the cornea" ... but it's basically slicing your eyeball with a knife ... you guys I could SEE the knife or microkeratome or whatever ... I really should have taken Valium like Kim Kardashian did). And Dan also failed to mention that after surgery, it feels like someone threw a handful of really strong soap into your eyes, the same eyes that feel like 1,000 eyelashes are stuck in, just itching and burning and waiting to come out.


But hey! I can see the alarm clock in the middle of the night now!
Plus I got free sunglasses. 
And free coffee and cookies at my follow-up appointment. 

TOTALLY WORTH IT.