10.26.2015

essential oils // anti-aging face cream

Face Cream (Day)

1/4 cup (2 oz) raw coconut oil
7 drops Frankincense
3 drops Lavender


Face Cream (Night)

1/4 cup (2 oz) raw coconut oil
7 drops Frankincense
2 drops Lavender
2 drops Lemon


If you take a look at your little essential oil reference guide under "wrinkles" you'll read that frankincense + lavender + lemon mixed together is like "magic for wrinkles." I repeat. Magic! And if you've read anything about coconut oil, you've probably read that it is also amazing for your skin. I've mentioned loving coconut oil for anti-stretch marks, and I also love it for anti-wrinkles.

I'll admit, when I first heard of smearing something one would find in a cooking aisle all over my face, I thought that's just crazy! But it's not crazy at all. No more buying day and night moisturizers at Target (sorry Target) ... these two simple recipes are all you need. I kid you not, I had sun spots on my face that were very visible for years and wouldn't go away. They started vanishing just weeks after I started using my oils on my face. And now they're completely gone. I can't find them anywhere! Not to mention, these creams are a fraction of the price that you'll pay for over-the-counter creams. Yes, a whole bottle of Frankincense is fairly pricey (I think it has something to do with baby Jesus using it) ... but keep in mind, you're only using a few drops of Frank AND these creams last a long time. A little goes a long way. Plus all three of these oils are already included in the Premium Starter Kit. Shall I go on?? 

Okay, I'll stop. But really, I can't say enough good things about adding these three oils into your skincare regimen. I have been using the Night Cream (with Lemon) for both night and day just to keep it simple, and I haven't had any issues while being out in the sun. However, if you have extra sensitive skin and you tend to burn, I always recommend cutting out the Lemon during the day, as it is photosensitizing.


more about oils over here.