10.05.2015

best banana bread (a farewell to baking)

Best Banana Bread

(Doubling this recipe and freezing one loaf for later is fun too)

3 overly ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir in the melted butter, sugar, honey, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix in the baking soda, salt, and flour. Be careful not to overmix. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.


Well, well, well. I had my baby and my nesting days have officially turned into resting days. So long are the days of running around the house trying to keep it spic and span. So long are the days of organizing just for fun, doing laundry every day and folding little baby clothes just perfectly. Now I'm just trying to survive. And make sure the rest of my family survives with me. This includes giving up my love for baking. Okay, okay, so there was really never a love there. But I did have a few successful baking episodes while pregnant with Keller. Buuuut I'm pretty sure those days are over now. Instead I've been practicing my skills in accepting food related offers.

Oh you want to bake us some cookies? That's just too nice of an offer to acce-  Great! We'll take three dozen.
What's that? You want to deliver warm meals to our doorstep? We couldn't dare say yes to th-  Okay! Would a 6:30pm delivery work?

So for now, I'm letting others do the cooking and baking. And I'm sitting right here, dropping chocolate chip cookie crumbs all over my keyboard while I blog. I'm a better blogger than a baker anyways. And I'm definitely a better eater than a blogger. If we're playing that game. Which I think we are.

Peace out baking.
It was fun while it lasted.