7.30.2015

essential oils // anti-stretch mark cream

Anti-Stretch Mark Cream

2 oz glass beauty jar
Fill the rest of the bottle with raw coconut oil
Give a little stir and apply!


To be completely honest with you, I've never been afraid of stretch marks. But maybe that's because I've been lucky enough (so far) not to get any. But even if I gained a few, I'd like to believe that I would chalk them up to be nothing but a simple reminder that I was lucky enough to get pregnant, was lucky enough to get a huuuuge belly while growing my healthy baby, and was lucky enough to go through all the glorious things pregnant women get to experience, including gaining a few stretch marks.

But who knows, maybe I'd do the exact opposite and cry myself to sleep and eat a few extra bowls of Frosted Flakes. But I'd like to think I'd appreciate my stretch marks. Kind of like I appreciate my C-Section scar and the extra twenty vicarious veins that popped up on my legs while pregnant with Porter. 

But back to stretch marks. I know most women don't like them. So here's something you can do about it. If you're pregnant or planning on getting pregnant, let me suggest that you buy a biiiig jar of raw coconut oil. This stuff is amazing. Greasy as heck. But amazing. If that's all you want to buy, start there. I have read numerous articles that conclude coconut oil alone can do wonders for preventing stretch marks. Rub that greasy magic all over your growing belly every night, and morning too if you can.

If you're lucky enough to own essential oils, add a few drops of Lavender or Gentle Baby to your coconut oil. Both have been proven to help prevent stretch marks. I alternate these two oils, making a 2 oz jar with one and when that mixture runs out, I switch to the other oil. So far, so good! No stretch marks. And you guys, this ole belly of mine ain't small. I gained over 40 lbs with Porter and according to the nurses and doctors, it was, for the most part, 40 lbs in my stomach. Which means, this belly did a lot of stretching. And here we are, doing it again. The other great thing about this homemade cream is that it also prevents the wonderful itching that comes with the stretching of the skin.

Anti-itch + anti-stretch mark cream for Prez!


more about oils over here.