6.21.2015

when daddy comes home

When daddy comes home from working

"Squirmy Shermie" comes out in full force. Squirmy Shermie is a nickname we have for Sherman when he gets super excited. If we know Squirmy Shermie is coming, I typically run around the house and make sure there are no water glasses left out on the tables. And Porter just ducks. I'm not kidding. The poor kid knows to "stop, drop and duck" when Squirmy Shermie is here. That tail, you guys. That tail is lethal.

And Porter (who is typically pantless by this time of day, because I refuse to go through more than seven pairs of shorts in one day) runs up to Dan and gives him a big bear hug. He hangs on tiiiiight while saying "dada dada dada." And then he typically drags him over to his train set to play or into our bedroom, where he knows he can get an even better hug out of daddy. And maybe even a quick game of wraaastle.

And me? What do I do when daddy gets home? I look up to the ceiling and thank God that I made it through another day alone with the boys. And I thank God that Dan is willing to cook dinner every evening. And I just thank God for Dan.

And we all live happily ever after. 

Cheers to the weekend! 
And a very happy Father's Day to all the amazing dads out there.
Especially you, Dan the Man. You are truly one of a kind and we are the luckiest to get to do this life thing with you. We love you more than you will ever know. Muuuuah.