6.09.2015

essential oils // getting educated

We are still talking oils over here and I just can't stop. I am so excited about the emails and questions I have received, please keep them coming! Responding to your emails yesterday got me out of cleaning the microwave (just a little butter explosion mishap) and washing poopy diapers. So really, keep the questions coming. Also, congrats to all of you who have taken the first step to getting started with essential oils and purchased a premium starter kit. I just know you will fall in love with the oils like our family has. You guys should be receiving your starter kits soon and then let the fun begin! And if you haven't ordered your oils yet, what the heck are you waiting for? :)

When you receive your precious starter kit in the mail, you will do one of two things: Sit there and stare at the box and eventually hide it in the back of your closet because you heard oils can be scarrrry. Or rip open the box, examine, touch and smell each and every bottle, kiss your new pretty diffuser, and then eventually hide it in the back of your closet because you heard oils can be scarrrry.

Trust me, this is what happened to me and about 73 other people I've talked to. And all 74 of us now use and adore our oils. But at first, it can be intimidating. I mean, what do you DO with these oils? So this is where I am going to try and help as much as I can. First and foremost, email me any time you have any questions at all. Second, I'll be talking more about how to get organized with your essential oils in a post soon. Third, and right now ... let's talk about getting educated!

One of my very favorite things about Young Living is that you never feel alone in your essential oil journey. Included in the premium starter kit is a ton of helpful literature that will explain what essential oils are, how to use them, etc., etc., etc. You just don't get this information when you purchase oils at the supermarket. The first step is to read the literature and soak up as much information as you can. I always recommend diffusing a few drops of Peppermint while you read for mental clarity. :)

I mentioned back here that one of the reasons we chose to use Young Living oils was because of the resources that are linked with this company. In addition to all of the literature the company provides with the starter kit, there are two additional resources that have helped our family tremendously in our quest to learn more about essential oils.
First, I always encourage new oilers to get their hands on a reference guide. This will help you learn more about each oil that you own and how to use it safely and effectively. You can choose to purchase a pocket reference guide or an app reference guide for your phone. Our family chose the app, as we now always have this information "on the go." Not to mention, it's cheap! The Ref Guide For Essential Oils App (by Abundant Health) will tell you anything and everything you want to know about your oils. The app allows you to look up oil recommendations for an extensive list of health and wellness conditions, and also includes methods of applications, vita flex charts, etc. You also have the ability to look up any oil by name to read about that particular oil or blend and learn how that oil can benefit you. This app is ahhhmazing. I use it every day. 180 times a day. It is truly worth every penny. And remember, I count my pennies very, very carefully.
The second resource would be if you plan to apply oils to your kiddos, or if you are pregnant or plan to get pregnant. As you know, I am currently pregnant. Plus we have a kid and apply numerous diluted oils to Porter's skin on any given week. This book has been a lifesaver for us. It is called Gentle Babies (by Debra Raybern) and you can get it cheap from Amazon. Or, if you find it cheaper somewhere else, let this cheap girl know about it! :) This book is truly amazing and will tell you everything you need to know about using oils safely with kids/pregnancy.

And finally, if you at any time decide to get started with essential oils and join my team, you will have access to an amazing facebook group and additional resources out the gazoo. Dan snorts every time I say "my team" and I roll my eyes at him, but then I end up laughing too. But honestly, I promise you will never feel alone or have any questions go unanswered. If I don't know the answer, I will ask someone who does. So yep, I'm sticking with the word "team." And I'm sticking my tongue out at Dan.


more about oils over here.