6.24.2015

easy peasy pancakes

Easy Peasy Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter, mix until smooth. Heat and eat and enjoy!
I made pancakes from scratch for Father's Day. GASP. I know it. From scratch. Dan taught me how to several months ago and because I'm on breakfast duty every day for Porter, I try my very best to whip up yummy food for my growing boy. Some mornings it's toast or oatmeal. But other mornings I surprise myself by making these delicious pancakes or french toast, both which are always accompanied by scrambled eggs. You really can't screw up scrambled eggs. God bless you, eggs. So try these pancakes sometime, because they are deliciously fluffy and perfectly salty and sweet at the same time. And if I can make them, it's a proven fact ... you can make them too.