5.09.2015

homemade granite cleaner

Granite Cleaner

16 ounce glass spray bottle
Add 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
Add 3 drops Dawn dish detergent
Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water
Shake and spray and do a little dance!

I did a ton of research on homemade granite cleaners before choosing (and loving) this one. There are a lot of different recipes out there, but this was my favorite, mainly because I already had all of these ingredients in my home. I didn't have to go buy additional soaps or oils or whatever. Keeping it simple is my number one goal in life. Wait, no. Keeping it cheap is my number one goal. Keeping it simple can be number two. Sorry, simple.

Adding essential oil to this cleaner is optional, but it does help to mask the alcohol smell. I chose to use lavender essential oil because I love the smell and we always, always have lavender oil ready and available in our home. But if you don't have lavender, and you'd like to use a different oil, I would just recommend that you make sure your oils aren't acidic (remember, granite does not like acidic) and be sure to spot test a very small corner or hidden part of your granite first.
And just in case you missed the ole homemade multi-surface cleaner recipe ... 
you can head on over here for that.
It's a gem.


more about oils over here.