5.21.2015

homemade fruit & veggie wash

Fruit & Veggie Wash

2 ounce glass spray bottle
Add two tablespoons distilled white vinegar
Add 3 drops of Lemon essential oil
Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water
Shake and spray!


Same story, different spray. I used to buy my fruit & veggie wash from The Honest Company. Great stuff, big price tag. In contrast, the little bottle featured above has a little price tag. Little is my favorite. Unless we're talking about pizza. And then big is my favorite. Oh but back to veggies. How in the world did I go from veggies to pizza?
Although we do consume our share of pizza, we eat a ton of fruits and veggies too. This little veggie wash is so great, as the Lemon essential oil removes petrochemicals and toxins, which is extremely important for everyone, but especially for kids and pregnant women. So tah-dah! Our family needed this big time. Kids? Check. Pregnancy? Check. After spraying our fruits and veggies, I leave them to rest for about five minutes before rinsing and eating or storing. But typically I eat more than I store. And speaking of eating, now I'm hungry. A big salad with a side of pizza is calling my name. Or maybe a big pizza with a side of salad. Don't judge.


more about oils over here.