5.19.2015

cookies for breakfast

This pregnancy insomnia stuff is no joke. I don't remember having it with Porter, but with this babe? With this one, I typically go to bed around 10:30pm and wake up somewhere between 3-4am. Every single morning. Sometimes I eventually go back to sleep. Sometimes I just lay there. And sometimes I bake. Pregnancy you guys. It is weird. Oh but let's back up a little. I realize that I already lied to you and it's not even 7am yet. Sorry. I didn't bake. I mixed three ingredients in a bowl and smooshed it in a pan. Yay me! "No-bake baking" is my kind of baking. In case you wake up at 3am too ... or in case you hate cooking and baking as much as I do ... or in case you like eating cookies for breakfast (ding ding ding) ... I'll go ahead and share the recipe. Am I even allowed to call this a "recipe?"

No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Squares

3 cups oats
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey

Line a 9x9 pan with foil and lightly grease.
Melt the peanut butter and honey together until smooth.
Combine mixture with oats.
Press into foiled, greased pan.
Place in refrigerator until set.
Cut into squares and enjoy!