12.06.2014

our little chef

Porter's all-time-favorite thing to do right now, at almost 14 months old ... is to stir. Stir, stir, stir. You give the kid a cup and a pencil, he stirs. You give the kid a plate and a napkin, he stirs. You give the kid a basket and some mega blocks, he somehow figures out a way to stir. Everything involves stirring these days and it is pretty adorable if you ask me. Last night I was getting P ready for bed and Dan was preparing to cook my requested birthday dinner, saffron risotto with butternut squash (melt-in-your-mouth goodness I tell ya). But the second Porter saw that shiny skillet and bamboo mixing spoon, our bedtime routine was brought to a screeching halt. He didn't care about his bottle warming in the sink or the bedtime books waiting for him on the couch. He just wanted to stir. So that's what he did. For like 17 minutes. Zzzzzzzz.

Lucky for me, it looks like I will soon have two boys cooking for me instead of just one. Now if I could just teach Sherman how to bake cookies ...

p.s. no flame was used in the making of these photos.