12.26.2014

christmas morning

It was a slow and simple Christmas morning for us over here. Porter decided to wake up earlier than usual, but I don't blame him one bit. I mean, it's Christmas!!!! I think I even let out a little squeal when I first opened my eyes around 6am and could have possibly been the cause of his waking. I get a little excited on Christmas. But once we were up, we took it slow. We drank our coffee slow and ate our breakfast slow. Porter opened a couple of small gifts and we pretended like one of them hadn't already been opened last week when he was teething and not napping and I accidentally gave him a present to keep him occupied (shhhh, don't tell). We read The Christmas Story nine times and snuggled under blankets while Sherman ran around with three tennis balls in his mouth (he is feeling much, much better). When Porter went down for his morning nap and Sherm's mouth was too tired to hold any more tennis balls, Dan and I turned up the Christmas tunes and retreated to the kitchen to start preparing a late brunch. I made cinnamon swirl bread (yes, I am taking a bow as I type this) and Dan made bacon and sausage quiche (he never bows, it's expected of him). Then we popped open a bottle of bubbly and waited for family to arrive. Our little home was quite the beautiful mess when it was all said and done. A beautiful mess indeed.

I hope you all had a speical Christmas with family and friends. 
It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. 
Now if it would just snow again. :)