11.05.2014

the last day

Well, we did it. We made it a year. Almost 13 months actually. Today marks the very first day that Porter drank 100% whole milk and 0% breast milk. So that means yesterday marked the last day. November 4th (which was also his due date, which I think is kind of sweet for some reason). The last day Porter nursed. Thirteen months of breastfeeding. Thirteen months of pumping at least once a day. Thirteen months of not having that second glass of wine. ;) There were a few days that I hated it and a whole bunch of days that I loved it, and overall, I just feel so very blessed that we were lucky enough to get to experience it. And although I have been waiting for this day for 13 months (I'll be celebrating tomorrow morning with three cups of coffee and maybe a spoonful of hot sauce, just because I can, ha) ... and although I keep telling myself that this is a happy day ... I can't help but get all teary-eyed whenever I think about it, whenever I let it truly sink in that this is the end of breastfeeding with baby Porter, who is really not even a baby anymore. Maybe it's just the hormones that come along with weaning, or maybe I truly am sad. But either way, I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss it. A lot.

Guess it's time to have another baby, right?
kidding.
kind of.