9.17.2014

play dates make the world go 'round ...

And keep mamas from going cray cray.
Ahhhmen.


P.S. I promise to start writing more-than-five-word blog posts soon. Or maybe not. Although I am currently (and somewhat ashamedly- I can hear those dirty dishes calling me bad names from the kitchen) using nap time to write this post, I usually sit down at this little space around 9pm. Porter is sound asleep by 6:45pm (can I get another amen?!) and then I spend the next half hour cleaning up the house while Dan cooks dinner (can I get another amen?!). Then after dinner I clean up the kitchen while Dan hangs with the Sherm Dog. Then it's finally mama + Sherman time and we take a long walk, usually getting home around 9pm. So my blogging window begins (and ends?) around this time. And after a 12+ hour day with tweedledee and tweedledum my head kind of spins when I sit down at this space. The pictures are easy. The words are hard. So, the pictures will just have to do for now. Thank you for not throwing rocks at me or my silly blog. :)

13 comments:

  1. pictures of your little man are awesome!! I don't have the exact same reasons for not writing as you but, I struggle with writing something "worthwhile" to put on my blog - so I just don't sweat it! My kids are teenagers so pictures don't come so easally anymore.

    Hope you are having a great day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! Always nice to know I'm not alone ... :) I still can't believe you're a mom to teenagers, you look good girl! Tell me your secrets!! Porter is already giving me gray hair.

      Delete
  2. His chubby little toes... they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Ahhh, maybe this is only (again) something they only say in England, anyhow, your little man is uber cute!!

      Delete
    2. haha, I use cutie pie allll the time! One of my favorites. :) Thanks Svenja!

      Delete
  4. I like the pictures and your funny words, so keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by funny words, you probably mean I've mispelled a bunch huh? ;) xo Sarah!

      Delete
  5. I feel ya girl. Those babies take up so much of a mama's brain power somehow. My blog is seriously sucking lately, but I can't even make myself care....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, what is it about kids that suck the life out of ya? ;) I always wake up feeling like I can conquer the world, and by 10am I'm sitting on the couch going ... "oh my gosh, did that just happen?" haha, usually something totally crazy and exhausting has already occurred.

      Delete
  6. I cannot believe how big he is!!! Hope you're enjoying mommy life as much as it seems you are! He is soooooo darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Tasha!! Hope you're doing well ... miss talking to you every day!

      Delete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.