9.06.2014

it's coming it's coming it's coming

We still have our washer drum fire pit.
Just keepin' it real.
I felt it on our walk this morning.
And I tasted it in my coffee.
Fall is coming!!!

Also, I dislike spiders (and spider webs) very very very much.
However, this particular web caught my interest this morning. Porter and I have been reading The Very Busy Spider every night before bed (his choice, not mine) and call me crazy ... but I'm starting to actually think spiders (and spider webs) are kind of cool. Kind of. I think it has something to do with the fact that I don't want Porter to be scared of anything (at least not on my behalf), so I've been putting on my bravest face while his sweet little hand rubs over and over and over those soft felt spiders plastered on every page. My heart is racing and my palms are sweating, but when his sweet little face looks up at me, mid-spider-stroke, to make sure everything is okay ... I smile and nod and say "yes, Porter, the very busy spider. Isn't she cuuuuute?"

And then I spend a good eighteen minutes checking for spiders before climbing into bed.

10 comments:

  1. you are SUCH a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Breann, you always say the nicest things. Please come live with me and give me compliments all day long. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love these pics! I'm soooo excited too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be the only blogger I have met who likes the cold as much as I do, Alli! Now let's go snowshoeing!! :)

      Delete
  3. I AM SO EXCITED FOR FALL!!!!! So is Walter. It means more walks for him. He doesn't handle heat well so his walks are limited during the summer. :( Also, I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for Walter too!! And for Sherm. It's crazy, most dogs gain "winter weight" but Sherm puts on about 5 lbs every summer. Unless he's in the water, he wants nothing to do with the outdoors in the summer. Poor guy.

      Delete
  4. Spiders... UGH! The other day, my husband pushed me aside while going through the CLEAN laundry basket because he saw a spider in there. At first, he didn't tell me what he was doing. When I asked why he pushed me out of the way, he finally told me and I did the most unattractive and embarrassing spider dancer ever on the face of the planet. I'm still mortified that he saw me do that and he promised to never recreate it again. He agreed and also said he didn't think he could. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, this is awesome, I'm laughing so hard right now. I would have done the same thing Natalie!

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy looking at your photos tiff, thank you for sharing your gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are too sweet Carrie, thank you!!

      Delete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.