8.05.2014

around our home // nursery

Disclaimer: Baby on hip may cause blurry photos.
My apologies. 


If I had the time and money to do this room all over again ... I would probably conform to blogger nation and paint every wall white, replace the hand-me-down (free!) brown furniture with some simple, all-white pieces and hang one perfectly-centered, white picture frame above the crib, which would display a print that reads "let them be little."  Which should really read "let them be little but don't let them have any color in their room."

I joke. But that really is more my style.
Keep it as plain and simple as possible.

However, then I remember that I have a husband. A husband who would put a disco ball in Porter's room if I would allow it. He would also add every color of the rainbow to the nursery color palette. So, we decided to meet somewhere in the middle and do a "gray/yellow/blue + honeybees" theme. Porter is obsessed with the little bee mural his daddy, the beekeeper, put up for him above his changing table. Every night around 6:30, Dan, Sherman, Porter and I all go into the nursery to get ready for bedtime. After P is changed, we help him stand up on the changing table while he runs his sweet little hand along the bee decals, and Dan and I both say to him ... "Bee happy. Bee good. Bee kind. Bee yourself". Then we each choose a chubby cheek to kiss, which always sends him into a giggling fit, which always sends Sherman into a barking frenzy. 

Oh the memories that we already have from this room. 
Melts my heart.

Porter Gray, I sure hope you enjoy this little space of yours. It's small. It's old. It's not perfect. But your dad and I both made it special just for you.



Where I spent my moolah

  • Crib/Dresser/Changing Table: FREE! Hand-me-downs from family. Thank you, thank you sweet family!
  • White Wall Shelf with Hooks: Pottery Barn Teen
  • Diaper Bag: Gifted (from Kelly Moore). Kind of like this one but bigger. They're addicting.
  • Crib Sheet: Pottery Barn Kids. The best sheets you will ever find. Trust me.
  • Bee Wall Decal: Etsy
  • Yellow Rug: Amazon
  • Lamp: Hobby Lobby
  • Fabric Art above crib: Homemade by yours truly (shocking. I know.)


The rest from Target  (Target ... you owe me): 
  • Rocking Chair + Ottoman
  • Yellow Side Table
  • White Mirror 
  • White Cubes + Fabric Drawers
  • Ubbi Diaper Pail (can use for both cloth and disposable diapers, more on cloth diapers soon I hope)
  • Small White Trash Can
  • Gray+White Changing Table Cover
  • All Baskets/Bins on floor and dresser
  • Storage Ottoman
  • Black-Out Curtains (P was not a great sleeper in the beginning and these helped tremendously)
  • Blankets, Pillows, Towels and pretty much anything else you see


Things we are loving at the moment:
  • Anything and everything from The Honest Company
  • Hyland's Homeopathic Teething Tablets and Colic/Gas Tablets
  • Lavender Essential Oil
  • Lavender Aromatherapy Candle

14 comments:

  1. LOVE this nursery!! P is a lucky little boy. And really the all white movement is getting on my nerves so I'm glad you have some color. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and just sent you an email about honest, I'm wondering about the bundles and how that works, have you tried it? I just don't want to get screwed over.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sarah! I'll respond asap, I was a bit confused about the bundles as well but it's a great deal and I did a good deal of research. :)

      Delete
  2. I love his nursery! The colors are great...and I am like you...I like plain & simple. This was a good compromise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have a whole lot in common friend!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute nursery! I think it's perfect, love the bee aspect too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! The bees have sure been a hit so far. :)

      Delete
  4. This space is gorgeous Tiff!! And I must ask, where did you get Porter Gray from? His name is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just re-read my comment. Sounded silly, I know where you got him from (ha!) but where did you get his name from?? :) :)

      Delete
    2. Just answered your question in my post yesterday. :) Thank you for the compliment, Dee!! xo

      http://thejonescoffeehouse.blogspot.com/2014/08/happy-ten-months-to-boy-with-three-last.html

      Delete
  5. I think this room is precious! I like that it's different from everyone else's. I'm starting to get tired of bright white and light gray rooms everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!!!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect little nursery for a beekeeping family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww that's so sweet :) I just adore his room!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.