Disclaimer: Baby on hip may cause blurry photos.
If I had the time and money to do this room all over again ... I would probably conform to blogger nation and paint every wall white, replace the hand-me-down (free!) brown furniture with some simple, all-white pieces and hang one perfectly-centered, white picture frame above the crib, which would display a print that reads "let them be little." Which should really read "let them be little but don't let them have any color in their room."
I joke. But that really is more my style.
Keep it as plain and simple as possible.
However, then I remember that I have a husband. A husband who would put a disco ball in Porter's room if I would allow it. He would also add every color of the rainbow to the nursery color palette. So, we decided to meet somewhere in the middle and do a "gray/yellow/blue + honeybees" theme. Porter is obsessed with the little bee mural his daddy, the beekeeper, put up for him above his changing table. Every night around 6:30, Dan, Sherman, Porter and I all go into the nursery to get ready for bedtime. After P is changed, we help him stand up on the changing table while he runs his sweet little hand along the bee decals, and Dan and I both say to him ... "Bee happy. Bee good. Bee kind. Bee yourself". Then we each choose a chubby cheek to kiss, which always sends him into a giggling fit, which always sends Sherman into a barking frenzy.
Oh the memories that we already have from this room.
Melts my heart.
Porter Gray, I sure hope you enjoy this little space of yours. It's small. It's old. It's not perfect. But your dad and I both made it special just for you.
Where I spent my moolah
- Crib/Dresser/Changing Table: FREE! Hand-me-downs from family. Thank you, thank you sweet family!
- White Wall Shelf with Hooks: Pottery Barn Teen
- Diaper Bag: Gifted (from Kelly Moore). Kind of like this one but bigger. They're addicting.
- Crib Sheet: Pottery Barn Kids. The best sheets you will ever find. Trust me.
- Bee Wall Decal: Etsy
- Yellow Rug: Amazon
- Lamp: Hobby Lobby
- Fabric Art above crib: Homemade by yours truly (shocking. I know.)
The rest from Target (Target ... you owe me):
- Rocking Chair + Ottoman
- Yellow Side Table
- White Mirror
- White Cubes + Fabric Drawers
- Ubbi Diaper Pail (can use for both cloth and disposable diapers, more on cloth diapers soon I hope)
- Small White Trash Can
- Gray+White Changing Table Cover
- All Baskets/Bins on floor and dresser
- Storage Ottoman
- Black-Out Curtains (P was not a great sleeper in the beginning and these helped tremendously)
- Blankets, Pillows, Towels and pretty much anything else you see
Things we are loving at the moment:
- Anything and everything from The Honest Company
- Hyland's Homeopathic Teething Tablets and Colic/Gas Tablets
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender Aromatherapy Candle