8.17.2014

a few of my favorites

Does anyone else feel a little torn between Instagram and blogging? Between phones and cameras? Lately when something catches my eye and I want to freeze it in time, I find myself freezing for a good minute or two first, trying to figure out if I should grab my camera from the office or my phone from my back pocket ... or if I'm really feeling crazy ... both?!

And then by the time I decide which device I want to use, the moment has passed. Porter has stopped making that funny face at Sherman, and Sherman has moved on to more important things like chasing squirrels.

Honestly, I think I'm starting to forget about my poor camera all together, which I warned you about. And if I do actually happen to grab my 18 lb camera (it is truly like carrying another baby around) and take it with me somewhere ... then I forget to whip out my phone for an Instagram picture. Oh the horror. And then there are those people who are super talented and download their camera pictures to their Instagram feed.
Whoa.
Slow down there kids, wait for me!

So until I get a better grasp on all of this social media stuff (yes, it takes me a very long time) ... here are a few of my favorite tiny pictures from my phone. Because I truly don't even know where my camera is at the moment.

Thanks for keeping it real, phone.
You've been fun so far.
I just really wish you'd start paying your own bills.

15 comments:

  1. Love your photos in either form! Porter is adorable! So what app did you use to make your collage? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Mrs. E!! I use PicMonkey for collages (www.picmonkey.com) ... it's the best!

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are absolutely stunning, never stop. There are going to be such a treasre later on. Much love,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xoxo Mary!! Thank you for your sweet comments. I totally agree, pictures are so special!

      Delete
  3. haha, I swear I was just talking to my hubby about this, I get confused with it all too. Mainly because I see the same picture on IG, blog, facebook, twitter and I'm like really?! ha ha ha, but I love your photos so feel free to post them anywhere anytime. That Porter he is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, ahh yes, the famous "blog/instagram/facebook/twitter picture posts." Guilty. :)

      Delete
  4. I swear I wrote this post in my head. I feel the exact same way. I love your tiny pictures though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to know I'm not alone here, thank you!!

      Delete
  5. i agree!! since my iphone came into the picture (haha) i don't use my regular camera as much. i don't know how to transfer my camera pictures to instagram,sounds neat though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, can't even write a sentence these days without using the word "picture". :) Sounds like Stephanie (comment below) knows what she's doing ... I'm off to stalk her!

      Delete
  6. These pictures are too cute!

    I have an eye-fi card for my DSLR so it autmatically syncs to my phone as I'm taking photos. I still use my phone for a lot of photos (because let's be real - it's a ton easier), but I do post a lot of DSLR photos to Instagram as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I do like the word "automatically" but an "eye-fi card" sounds pretty techy for this non-techy gal. I'll check it out though! Thanks Stephanie! And love all your photos ... you've got some talent girl.

      Delete
  7. I only carry a tiny point and shoot so I keep it on me at all times. I personally hate using the camera on my phone so all you get from me is crappy point and shoot photoa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say as long as you keep some sort of camera on you at all times, that's what is truly important, your kids are too cute not to! :) props for carrying around something other than your phone! I just wish they made DSLR cameras the size of a phone. Come on inventors, make it happen! ;)

      Delete
  8. if you get an eye-fi memory card, you can download your pictures onto your phone super easy. :)

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.