7.09.2014

Zzzzzz

Being married to an engineer is crazy exciting. So exciting that when I can't fall asleep at night I always ask Dan to tell me all about a current project he's working on. It never fails. I fall fast asleep within minutes. Sometimes seconds. Hearing about valves and cylinders and programmable logic controllers (that last one was last night) will lull any tired mama to sleep, trust me. But sometimes his job truly does have its perks. Not only did he surprise me with my own personalized coke bottle, but he gave Porter a new teething toy too.

I know, I know. It's probably not the best chew toy for a baby.
But I'm going to do my best to remind you daily that I deserve that little award.

Hope you all have a great night.
I'm off to learn about cylinders.

16 comments:

  1. Sarah MillerJuly 09, 2014

    haha, love this! And HIS LEGS!!!!!!!! OMG. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know it! We thought he might have lost some rolls just in the last few weeks, but it doesn't look like it huh? :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sarah, those legs are to die for! Have fun dreaming about cylinders friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelin man baby! I'm jealous of the coke bottle with your name - I'll never find mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, he totally is the michelin man baby!

      Delete
  4. My best friend opened a cooler at the store to find both her name (Jess) and my name (Kate) right next to each other!!! My mind is still blown! Also, my husband is a consultant in the accounting world and I always joke that his work stories are like a nighttime lullabye...

    Enjoy the coke! You totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty crazy to find both names!!

      Delete
  5. I seriously LOL'd that his stories put you to sleep! Adorable baby and a cute surprise, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I'm also an engineer, I can relate to this point. Sometimes my own work puts me to sleep. That's why, traditionally, engineers drink A LOT of coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought of you when I wrote this! At first I couldn't remember who I knew in the blogger world who was an engineer, then I remembered it was you! I'm sure you're not as boring as Dan though. haha. :)

      Delete
  7. haha, when I tell people I"m an engineer they always think I have this awesome job...haha, well now you know, it's boring, even to me...hehe :) Love P's rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha- Maybe I'll get my husband to tell me about his job at night. I'm sure I wouldn't find coal mining very interesting either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. I'm a Coke addict and I can't find my name. I mean come on... Amy, it's so common! I'm so bad that Madison already knows how to say Coke. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those rollllllllS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.