7.15.2014

throwback ... tuesday?

I rarely participate in the #throwbackthursday shenanigans. Actually, this might be my very first #throwbackthursday post ever. Oh right. But it's Tuesday. So now we're right back to where we started. I have yet to participate in a #throwbackthursday post. Are you tired of reading #throwbackthursday yet?
Ok good. Me too. 

So we'll just call this a plain ole' post on a Tuesday. A post on a Tuesday with two little pictures of my sweet little babe when he was just four weeks old. I've been in such a funk (I bolded the "n" so you wouldn't think it said ... well ... you know) today that I needed to look back at these pictures for my own sanity. I'm not sure what it is. Everything is great. Dan is good. Porter is good. Sherman is good (other than eating half of a frisbee today). The weather here in Kansas City is beautiful (it was 60 this morning! 60!). We're all doing great. But you know those days ... when you just don't feel quite good enough. I blame those silly supermoms who are doing an excellent job at taking care of their six children. Wait. Let's stop there for a minute. Who can take care of six children at the same time?! I can barely go on a walk with my baby and dog and make it home alive. Everywhere I look someone is building something amazing, creating something amazing, or even cooking something amazing! Oh how that cooking really gets under my skin. ;) But honestly, can everyone just stop being so wonderful at everything so that I can feel better about myself? Ok, great! ;)   <---------   Please please take those "winks" very seriously. 

So just a little funk is all.
Nothing a hot shower and a kiss from Sherm dog can't cure. 

P.S. A million thanks to my good friend Christina the photographer for the sweet photos above. If you guys don't have a photographer as a friend yet ... you need to get one. ASAP.

11 comments:

  1. Oh man, even when you're trying to be serious your hilarious!! :) I was in a funk today too, what is it about today?? You are AMAZING though so please know that and tomorrow will be better for sure! You're an amazing blogger, I'll give you that one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet Carrie, thank you so much! Hope your day is fab tomorrow, you deserve it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oops. Molly just walked across my laptop! ha! Ok, so yes, I totally get it! I have these days all the time. We all do. No doubt you're amazing and you do amazing things! Just look at what you did for the animals by raising money. Remember? You're amazing for sure. :) Muuuuuah.

      Delete
    2. haha, oh silly Molly the cat! Porter does the same thing and has really screwed up some of my Instagram posts. :) Thanks Marcy, you're the best!

      Delete
  3. Hey Hey..guess what. This morning I let my son make a mess of the house just so I could have 5 minutes to get ready- then when I took him shopping, he played on my phone the whole time {over 1 hour =/} so I could just get through it...now he's sleeping- and I'm catching up on blogs instead of doing food prep like I "should"- no projects here..just one kid and one really worn out mom! I feel ya :) Let's celebrate the little things together- so we can feel like the awesome moms we are *wink wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend ... I've read this comment like eight times on my phone today. You always make me smile. :) Thank you so much for reminding me that there are other normal moms out there! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay! Give those pups a big smooch for me!

      Delete
  5. hope you had a better day, you deserve it!! And you ARE an awesmoe mommy for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get in those funks, I think we all do. I was sitting on the porch blog reading today because my kids were KILLING me and I sent them outside to play. I read a blog about a bunch of gals getting a ladies night out. I was so envious in that moment. I think I need a night out.

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.