7.14.2014

our third date in three years

Just in case you missed our first two dates ...
Date 1: Consisted of free tickets to a soccer game. Don't forget the romantic concession food and cheap expensive booze.
Date 2: Consisted of a Groupon that was due to expire the night we went out to dinner. There was no dancing. Just Dan being a grump about having to take pictures. And then me being a grump because Dan was being a grump. 

So now. 
Date numero tres.   

First let's start out by making fun of the Joneses. See that picture up there? See how we planned our outfits to match in an "opposites attract" kind of way? Okay so we didn't plan it, but the hotel clerk checking us in sure thought we did and got a good chuckle out of it. After kissing Porter and Sherman goodbye (Sherman was the best babysitter, by the way) Dan and I rushed out of the house, threw our bags in the backseat of the car and started driving away. Then we looked at each other for the very first time all morning and both ... at the exact same time ... said "omigosh we are wearing the same shirt!". Why Sherman and Porter never said anything is beyond me.
Our third date consisted of a road trip down to The Old Market Business District in Omaha, Nebraska. Now would be a good time to make fun of the Joneses again. I loved Omaha, I did. And I could talk about those gorgeous, old brick buildings all day long. The drinks were good and the food was amazing and we had the best time walking around this adorable little neighborhood. But does anyone really drive three hours to Omaha for a date? Without kids? And stay a few blocks away from the Omaha Zoo? Without kids? Strange. I know. But Dan had a free hotel room that was due to expire on the 31st. So off to Omaha we went. To take advantage of the free breakfast and free wifi. Oh and they gave us tokens for free drinks too. At one point over lunch Dan caught me smiling to myself and said the same thing that he always says when he knows I've just received something for free ... "You're sitting there thinking about how cool you are, aren't you Tiff?"
Yes. 
Yes I am. 
Dan thought being twins was funny.
I did not.
So until next year ... 
keep going on dates with your lova.

Just be sure to check your outfits before heading out the door.

11 comments:

  1. You are so funny, girl! I love reading your blog....

    I'm so impressed with Sherman's babysitting skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet Emily, thank you! And yes, Sherm's the best!

      Delete
  2. You guys are so cute. I HATE matching with anyone I'm with. I'll go change to avoid that. Looks like a great date to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I should have changed! What was I thinking?! Oh well, it made for a good story I guess. :)

      Delete
  3. How fun!!! You do know you can do closer dates that are in your current hometown/state,too :) i like omaha!! I was at that exact restaurant last summer with my siblings,we had the beer flight/taster!! Glad you and dan had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! Yep, next time we're staying in Kansas City for sure. I thought about that flight/taster! I'll have to go back. Hopefully they'll give me more tokens. :)

      Delete
  4. Too funny! I think you two pulled off the matchy- matchy well though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We looked pretty ridiculous but we usually do anyways. :) Thanks Tara!

      Delete
  5. You crack me up!!! Every single post, never fails. Too funny! You guys look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the couple that dresses the same stays together??

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Old Market in Omaha IS a beautiful place. I'm 2 hours away and I would drive there any day for a date! Heck, I'd even go to the zoo as a date and without my kids!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.