7.02.2014

dream baby

Remember when I showed you that baby picture of Dan?
And I hoped for Porter to have crazy, curly blonde hair like his daddy?
We've still got a ways to go. 
But I think my dreams are coming true.

Porter update: His sweet little chubby baby elbow was dislocated. Dislocated! No big deal. Happens all the time. That's what his doctor said. Just seconds before she popped it back into place and sent us on our way. We spent a whopping two minutes with his pediatrician yesterday and Porter never cried. Instead, he actually giggled. The moment she popped it back into place, he reached out for me with both arms to hold him (which he hadn't been able to do all morning, as his right arm hung limp to his side). So then I cried enough for the both of us. Thank you so much for your sweet comments, tweets and emails. We are all better now.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Glad he was and is okay and fine!!' I could cry too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Victoria! You're the best!

      Delete
  2. ugh, my babe had 3 dislocated elbows in 3 years. sorry to scare you, but he might be prone to this, watch out! your doctor is right though, it's not a huge deal. they just pop right back in to place! yuck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Marie! Poor baby Jack! That's exactly what our doc said too. That since it happened once, it's likely to happen again. Ugh.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! Poor Porter! But that hair? So pretty! I think he's going to have adorable curls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww gah! Glad he is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, poor guy. I'm glad he's all fixed up now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my goodness, this happens all the time? Says the woman with no children. LOL Glad the little guy is as good as new :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it really is pretty normal with babies. My cousins shoulder used to dislocate quite a bit when she was little. Glad he's feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is seriously one of the cutest babies ever! You and dan need to have more! :)

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.