7.24.2014

around our home // kitchen

The plan was to just take "two or three" pictures of some of the vegetables we've been lucky enough to snatch up from family these last few days. But I got a little carried away. Imagine that. Taking these photos made me realize how much we have Dan has done since that little home tour nearly two years ago. TWO. Can you believe it? Have you seriously been reading this blog for that long? If so, can I suggest you get a dog? Just kidding. I'm thrilled to still have you! Congrats on making it through 9,325 pictures ... and a few dozen words. :) 

But really. Dan has been one busy bee. Our once very dark and very scary basement that was only used for laundry and storage now has a bathroom, living room and bedroom and is bright white and pretty fun if you ask me. And our upstairs bathroom that had an ugly old window in the shower has now been redone for the second time in seven years and ... voila! ... no more ugly old window. And in February 2012, just a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant with P, Dan ripped apart our kitchen for the second time in seven years (I'm not loving this trend we have going on here of "let's do everything twice") and put up some new cabinet fronts and knobs. We've done a whole lot of rearranging and brightening throughout our humble little home too. Now if Sherman and Porter would just stop bothering me all day, I might be able to show you some of these home improvements. ;) Until then ... a few snapshots here and there will just have to do.

Oh and the best part about our kitchen, hands down ... 
My favorite little helper.

13 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is a dream!!! Love all the white. So quaint and pretty. Oh and I'm totally stealing your idea on the compote bin (where'd you get that/?) and the mason jar with close pins. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Carrie. I'm not so sure it's a dream (ha!) but it's cute and fun and works for us currently. :) And the compost bin is from Crate & Barrel, about 3 years ago. Not sure if they still have them? But I did see one very similar at World Market just a few days ago. Have fun composting! :)

      Delete
  2. I like the knobs a lot better than the handles, tell Dan he did good! :) I also want that compost bin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell him tomorrow, that will be his birthday present from me. Whooops. :) Comp bin is from Crate & Barrel, also at World Market and who knows where else. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Tiff! Oh and happy bday to him tomorrow, fun!

      Delete
  3. your kitchen is so neat and tidy! ours? not so much! i love the pasta, etc in containers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend ... next time I'll take some pictures around 6pm, just before Ps bedtime. It's a disaster then. I promise.

      Delete
  4. Your kitchen is beautiful! So bright and cute. I looooove that basket of corn too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Breann!! You're the sweetest.

      Delete
  5. We did not discuss our love for the Honest Company :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obsessed!! Yes, must chat about this. Come over again sooooon!

      Delete
  6. love love love that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photography. and Porter is totally adorable. X

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.