6.17.2014

a day for sherman

Dan had the day off yesterday and the first thing he said was "let's go do something as a family". And by that he meant "let's go do something for Sherman". Because let's face it, there are a limited number of things that you can do as a family when your family includes your dog. This is something that I would like to change if I ever become President. You know, like make it illegal to keep dogs out of fancy restaurants and hospital operating rooms. ;) Honestly though, when I first found out I was going to have a c-section with Porter, I asked Dan if he could please please pretty please sneak Sherm in to the OR so that he could be by my side. I guess I consider Sherman part of our family and secretly wish he was never treated like a dog. But I digress. So back to this day for Sherman. He deserved it. Oh man did he deserve it. It was a muggy 90 degrees here in Kansas City yesterday, so we knew we were headed straight for the water. Sherman was the only one out of the four of us dripping with water and not sweat by the end of the day, but like I said ... he deserved it.
This dog loves to swim. We didn't throw a tennis ball out there to fetch. His Chuckit isn't floating on top of the water to retrieve. He is seriously just swimming out there for the heck of it. And he goes far. I can't tell you how many times fellow dog parents have come over to us to make sure that he is okay. "Yes, he's fine" we always say, as his big brown head gets smaller and smaller.
Love you, Sherm.

18 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you had a day for Sherman :) I love that he swims like it's his job, it's adorable!! And those baby toes and chunky feet.. I die!! So adorable too :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pictures!! Sherman is one lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherman!! I've missed you buddy! Also, that first pic of him with his chuckit and his name on it, love it! I should write Bella's name on her toys, they always get lost at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. soo cute!!! glad you had a great day as a family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those little rolls on Porter's legs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day for Sherman, love the photos and I too wish dogs could go every where with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Love this!!!! :) Dogs totally deserve stuff like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww, I don't have a dog, but if I did, i would want one just like Sherman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Sarah!! I want a lab so bad just because of you blogging about Sherman. He's the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and Porter's little legs, they are the best too! Two very cute boys Tiff!

      Delete
  10. Look how happy he is, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, looks like the whole fam, especially Sherman had a great time. You'd totally get my vote for president and prime minister of Canada if you make it so that dogs can go anywhere with us. I hate leaving Beamer out of our outings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute. i totally think dogs should be treated better. i think its hard because a lot of dogs aren't trained so it can be a little crazy. where we live most places are super dog friendly which i really love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun! And awesome pics! How is Porter getting so big already?! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw Sherman was on cloud 9!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw this makes me happy!! Looks like a great family day (especially for Sherman!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The hand and foot pick in the rocks is toooooooo much!!!! Baby chub for days! How do you stand it?!? Glad Sherm had a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would vote for you for President for this platform alone.

    obviously. ;)

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.