9.01.2013

a few things about 31 weeks

Back pain.
-Ouch.

Weight gain. 
-Oh my. 35 lbs and counting. Guess that explains the back pain. But man oh man is having a big baby bump fun. And I'm being completely serious.

Holy mood swings.
-Tuesday: I woke up with this contagious smile that would not go away. I was singing. I was dancing. I was telling Dan and Sherman I loved them (I always tell Sherman, but Dan was shocked). ;) Life was good.
-Wednesday: I went to work and all I can say is ... do NOT mess with mama bear. Those poor college students didn't know what hit them.
-Thursday: I left the house at 7am and kissed Sherman on the nose. Got in to my car and just started weeping. I think because I had to leave Sherm for the day and he looked so cute sitting there on his dog bed. So after 15 minutes of crying, I couldn't remember what I was crying about anymore so decided I should stop. And then I cried again at noon because I didn't like my lunch. And again after our breastfeeding class because I hate taking classes.

Baby movement. 
-I've had a pretty difficult time throughout this pregnancy with not being able to feel baby boy move much. I mentioned back here when I first felt him move. And then that went away for several weeks. And since then I only feel the slightest movement every so often. Doc says it's because I have an anterior placenta blocking his adorable little kicks and punches. I know placentas are kind of important, but I'm sort of mad at mine right now. The other reason for not feeling much is because he is currently in the breech position. So let's talk about that ...

Baby position.
-We had our 30 week appointment this last Tuesday and because I don't feel much movement, I get ultrasounds every time I go in (if you ever want more ultrasounds, just lie and say you can't feel your baby move and you'll get one. I'm kidding! Don't do that). This time they found that I have a lack of fluid surrounding baby boy. They said this is one reason why he could still be in the breech position, as babies need lots of fluid to be able to turn around. And because I already drink 100 ounces of water a day (see why I'm always taking pictures in the bathroom?) they put me on a "No exercising; more relaxing" plan. Ugh. I despise this plan. Up until 30 weeks I had been walking with Sherman 3-4 miles a day. It makes me feel good. It's the one thing that I can do to make my back feel better and of course, I love spending that time with Sherm. Wednesday morning Dan woke up early to walk Sherman for me. I watched out the window as they left the driveway. Sherman made it to the middle of the front yard and wouldn't budge. He kept looking back at the house, waiting for me to come outside. Sherman and I have been walking together, every single morning, for the past 2.5 years. To say this is breaking my heart is an understatement. A dog needs his mama! Oh who am I kidding, a mama needs her dog.

But even with a few bumps in the road, this whole experience has been absolutely amazing. And I feel so blessed to be carrying this little boy.

But really placenta ... you need to quit pissing me off. ;)

20 comments:

  1. I seriously just teared up picturing Sherman waiting for you! Man, this little boy had better be the best pal for Sherman; sacrificing his Mommy-walks for 3+ months is gonna be tough for him!

    Hang in there? And I'm sorry your back hurts. I can imagine that sucks. You look great, though, if that helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funny and a little sad about sherman and not wanting to walk without you. you look SOOO good - you are ALL belly! and i was tempted to tell them I didn't feel any movement just so i'd get an ultrasound but I didn't! you are getting close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an anterior placenta too with my daughter! It was super annoying but did allow for a few extra ultrasounds to make sure it didnt go all the way down (previa??) You are almost through, and then you get to take walks with both boys:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so gorgeous. And so funny. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and ... poor Sherman. :( But hopefully he starts enjoying those walks with his dad!

      Delete
  5. oh man,you are quite hilarious! although i am sorry to hear about your placenta and now no walking sherman :( but just think,once your sweet baby boy is born you guys can walk with sherm again!!!

    hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and easily!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How on earth are you 31 weeks pregnant already? The time is flying by. My heart went out to Sherman, bless him, missing you on his walks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so adorable!! And your Sherman story made me want to cry. Awww. I feel for you and Sherman. So sweet he didn't want to walk without you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing!!! I've been absent around the blog world so I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw poor Sherman!! Hopefully he'll "allow" Dan to walk him in a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fantastic. I hear ya on the hormones! My emotions are wack and I'm only 13 weeks!! Good tom know it only gets "better" haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look incredible! sending well wishes to you and your family to-be!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the SADDEST story. I wanted to cry right along with you! We're fostering a dog right now, and walking her is one of my favorite things. Glad that baby boy is healthy though, and I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has passed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww I'm loving the update posts you've had lately. You're looking amazing with your growing belly.

    xoxo Jackie
    http://www.somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had an anterior placenta too and I panicked all the way through because I rarely felt him. And then I got to the last few weeks and he was so big I could feel him AND see him on the outside. So no worries, I'm pretty sure before too long you'll start feeling him allll the time ;) And poor Sherman!!! I know our little Addie pup has had a really hard time adjusting to baby boy these past few months, I hope you guys have an easier transition. Talk about a broken heart! This mama thing is TOUGH when you have two "babies" to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww Sherm is so used to your routine together... That's kinda sad.. But you gotta do what's best for you and baby, Momma! I can't believe just how pointy and protruding your belly is, looks adorbs!!

    Miss reading your posts lovely! Take care of your cute self
    xoxoxo
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  16. BTW, when you have an anterior placenta, does that correlate if you have a retroverted uterus? Because I have one and wonder if I ever have a baby if I'll go through the same thing.. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness pretty mama, that is one adorable bump!

    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  18. <3 love love love darling, thank you for such lovely words and much love to you and Sherman both. Hope you're doing well and feeling well Momma xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bump pics! And I TOTALLY remember the mood swings.. oy! They can be tough. Haing in there!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.