6.24.2013

summer {yes! ugh!}

Okay first. Was that seriously only Monday? It feels like it should be Thursday tomorrow. Minimum. Maybe Friday. Does anyone else feel that way? Second. Does anyone live in a state where their summers hit 65, 70 degrees tops? If so, let me know. I'll meet you there in five. I'll bring my bags, my baby and Sherman. Dan can come if he wants. What? He does better in the heat than Sherman and I do. Plus he has bees to tend to.

But wait. There's more. I am actually loving a couple of things about this season they call summer. First up, summer dresses. Particularly the dresses made of rayon and spandex. You can buy a large or an extra small and they fit exactly the same. I have officially decided that I will only be wearing rayon/spandex dresses from now until November.
Next up, I love not drinking beer. Kidding! I miss that. But I must admit, I have been enjoying my ice cold lemonades from Crystal Light. And thanks to one pretty little mama ... I now have a new favorite drink.
Watermelon Lemonade with a little slush on the side. So good. And so simple. I can't thank this fellow blogger enough for this "easy enough for Tiff to make" recipe. But you'll have to go over HERE to get it. Cheers!

23 comments:

  1. Oh, see, I have this theory that summer clothes should only be made out of cotton, linen, silk, or other natural fibers. But then, I'm a sweater. Sad but true.
    As for your temperature needs? England. It's amazing. 65ºF is considered HOT. I miss it so much. (The next three days all have a high of 90º. I might die.)
    That said, you, the baby, and Sherman are welcome here any day! Dan, too. He can even bring his bees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many times I will tell you this ... you are so stinking cute!!! And yes, I had a Monday like that for sure! Maybe it was because of that crazy moon? Seriously. Cheers to a new day and hopefully a fast week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and thank you for that link. I am dying to try that slush!

      Delete
  3. Cuuuute dress!! Target is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was off today as a "recovery" day from the wedding. We went antiquing with my in-laws and niece and nephews, then took the kids to the pool/playground. It felt like 3 days wrapped into one. Going back to work tomorrow is really going to suck...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, first of all this is the cutest dress ever.
    you are the cutest little mama.
    and that slush, i need it.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is so fun! And love Sherm photo-bombing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie SampsonJune 24, 2013

    Cuuuuute Tiff!! Love the bump and the dress! I'm totally making that drink tomororw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wrong! But that drink looks pretty good too! Good to know about the dresses...I will have to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This week is going to suck. Bad. We've been pretty spoiled though so far....

    But it's suppose to cool down next week. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute with your watermelon slush in a mason jar and your flowery dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh you are too freaking cute!! I love the baby belly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please pray for us both that we both get through this summer pregnant and not be too miserable by the heat. I'm just glad that someone invented the air conditioner! Bless that person a thousand times!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yeah, that looks soooo good! I'm definitely going to have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always joke that I could never have kids because I wouldn't be able to drink beer. And I love beer. Ok, maybe I'm not really joking when I say that. I'll have to adopt instead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You. are. SO. precious! Seriously, pregnancy is FOR you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look awesome in that dress! I'm a fan of cotton in the summer, myself, but honestly - I tend to wear the minimum amount of clothing I can get away with. It's 90+ here in CT. Woof.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look so beautiful! and the lemonade looks yummie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. mama! you are so sweet for giving me a shout out. love you. and now let's talk about yo bump! it's darling as ever, i must say. pregnancy is your friend :)

    xx, amanda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my... congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are quite possibly the cutest pregnant gal ever! It looks like you found the perfect summer drink, however.... as your "friend", I will drink a nice cold beer for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That bump of yours is so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.