6.05.2013

I'm sorry; I'm not sorry

17 weeks

18 weeks

I'm sorry it's been six days since my last post. I'm having a lot of cravings right now, but sitting at a computer for an hour at home after sitting at a computer for eight hours at work is just not one of them. My poor, poor blog. I keep telling myself that once the baby gets here, I'll have all the time in the world to blog!

I'm not sorry that I bought those spicy chili flavored Doritos today over lunch. Please add "spicy anything and everything" to that "what I'm loving" food list of mine. Which is totally weird because I once used Kid's Crest Sparkle Fun toothpaste because I thought regular toothpaste was just too hot. I quit using Sparkle Fun when I was a sophomore in college. That is not a joke.

I'm sorry Blogger is dumb and has deleted not one, but two of the last posts that I've tried to publish.

I'm not sorry that I called Blogger those really bad names.

But I am sorry that my baby had to hear his/her mom say those words for the very first time. Earmuffs baby!

I'm sorry Sherman and I stole those two baseballs from our local school's baseball field this morning. But it was Sherm's fault. I just wanted to make him happy and he really really wanted to carry both baseballs home. I just couldn't say no. Plus, I figure for as much trash as he picks up around the city ... the dog deserves a baseball every now and then.

I'm not sorry that I forgot to clean our house this past weekend and instead went maternity clothes shopping.

But I am sorry that I went maternity clothes shopping. That is some rough stuff right there. I cried. Twice. And then I went to Wendy's for a frosty. And some fries.

I am truly truly sorry that Dan hasn't won Powerball yet. I'm trying to be patient, but it's getting so hard.

And I'm sorry that I have to go to bed now. But it takes me 29 minutes to get comfortable. Fifteen additional minutes just to figure out I have to pee again. And another 45 to actually fall asleep. Thus, I am going to bed at 7pm. Cheers!

26 comments:

  1. My blog has definitely taken a backseat through pregnancy and now that we have Henry home. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? That's what I'm hoping anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I adore this! I was cracking up the entire way through! Love that you used sparkle fun (that's what my kids use- haha) and Sherm taking the baseballs- he totally deserves it! You are gorgeous, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do spicy AT ALL either- and Paul laughs at me for it all the time. At an Indian restaurant once I ordered mild (and emphasized the mild several times) and I was still literally sweating through the dish. Even the waiter was laughing. My sister's only a bit closer to normal than me, though, and she ate straight HOT stuff through her first pregnancy! As soon as my nephew was born? Back to bland!
    In college I'd walk Sloan just past the tennis courts at the intramural fields. Players don't want their balls back after a dog has slobbered on them... I just made sure she picked them up and then said "oh, sorry, she's just a puppy!"

    Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pregnancy cravings sound like what I eat on a regular basis. You're glowing and Sherm totally deserves those baseballs. Just make sure he doesn't tear them up at home because they can make a huge mess!

    Maternity clothes shopping... that does not sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that if you're craving spicy foods, you're having a boy. Probably an old wives' tale like everything else they say about the whole boy or girl thing, but, there you go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how funny Sherman!! And you using that kids toothpaste, love it! That's what my baby nephew uses! :) Loving that bump! You are so lucky to already have a bump- most girls would kill for that bump!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post! so good to hear from you again. hope that you sleep well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute cute cute!! Loving all the blue ... hmmmm ... are you trying to tell us something Tiff?! Oh and I LOVED spicy with my boy. Hmmm (again). haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kara mooreJune 05, 2013

    Ok, could you be any cuter pregnant?!? Is that striped tank maternity? I need one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kara mooreJune 05, 2013

      p.s. Let Sherm steal as many baseballs as he wants. His life is about to change. :)

      Delete
  10. I want to blog and be good about it but I never have anything to blog so maybe it'll become an online diary instead.. I dont know, it just hasn't been in me lately :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I remember those days of taking forever to get comfortable in order to fall asleep when I was pregnant with my son. But, it was all SO worth it! You look adorable! Enjoy this time, as it goes by WAY too fast and before you know it, your little one will be turning one!

    -Melissa @ Fit 'n' Well Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are too cute!! and I'm NOT sorry that I love love love to read Sherman's "catch of the day"!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you are fine with blogging. I dont have a baby in my tummy (but have two running around) and no time to blog for two weeks in a row.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so cute! and sleeping has been terrible! i've never been a good sleeper so it's not a huge change but I get up ALL the time and can't get comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry maternity shopping was no good. Did you go to Destination Maternity? I always wanted the super cute designer expensive stuff that seemed ridiculous to purchase knowing I'd only wear it for less than 6 months and then had to settle with the not as cute cheaper stuff... boo. But you are looking super cute so no worries mama!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see your still alive and kicking :) says the girl who updates her blog maybe once a month. Loving that baby bump :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are soooo cute!!! But I do understand how maternity shopping can be hard, no matter how cute you are! Bodies changing that quickly is a tough thing to deal with. BUT, please know that you really do look adorable. And you're hilarious too, so you're a win-win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha, I'm going through the same sleep pattern. Get in bed, try to get comfortable, and right when you're comfortable BAM you think you MIGHT have to go pee, which always results in my debating for 5 minutes if I really have to go, then realize, yep I think I do. Get up to go to the bathroom and a trickle comes out, seriously? Really?! Then start the whole process over. I wake up EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT at 12:30 to use the bathroom...so random, but true! You are cute cute cute pregnant! Are you going to find out if you're having a boy or girl? We're about 5 weeks apart.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look great! I'm loving absolutely everything spicy now too. Sounds good right now in fact haha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're so precious! and I love this post. I'm sorry Dan hasn't won powerball either =/ That's rough...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sherm deserves all the baseball and tennis balls in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are adorable!!! And I love that Sherm added those baseballs to his collection. Oops. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tiff. It's Shay. We were friends once.

    But I wanted to know why on earth you cried, shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  24. But WE have to win the Powerball! hahaha! Love this post lady, we are long lost soul sisters for sure!
    xx
    Here&Now
    Enter my current giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shopping makes me cry too. I had to do wedding shopping all weekend. I about broke down in the middle of JC Penny. Big events like marriage and childbirth bring out the waterworks.

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.