6.18.2013

baby boy

Never in a million years did I think I would be one of those who would plaster ultrasound pictures all over my blog for {some of} the world to see.
Mommy captions included.

But, I am proud to say that I am. 
Oh man am I proud. 

On June 13th, 2013 we found out we were having a baby boy. I know I told you that I didn't have a clue about the gender. And that was true, to an extent. Every time I thought boy, I would immediately think "oh but it could be a girl!". On certain things, I am the fastest, most confident decision maker out there. For instance, this past weekend my mom and I made a trip to Target to get a few things for the nursery. Within eight minutes I had picked out a wall hanging, two pillows and a throw and I was ready to get the heck out of there and on to more important things. Like breakfast at Panera. But when it comes to some other things, I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet. Just ask Dan. I literally can't decide on asparagus vs. broccoli for my side at dinner. And when I do actually make a decision ... a small piece of the world literally breaks off and I feel like I should have chosen the other one.

So this baby guessing thing was hard for me. But on the morning of June 13th I woke up and just knew it was a boy. So I put on my blue tank top and stuffed a pink shirt in my purse just in case (even though I "knew" you never really know, ya know?) ;). I grabbed Dan by the hand (kidding! we don't hold hands!) and marched into that little ultrasound room. After about 20 minutes of measuring every little thing on this baby (they torture you!) ... they finally let us know it was time. The sonographer asked me one more time what I thought and without hesitation I said "boy". Then she turned to ask Dan and he said "uhhh. I dunno". She pointed out a little somethin' somethin' and a couple of tears rolled down my cheek. A BOY! We are having a boy! I'm guessing this is exactly how we would feel if we were having a girl ... but this boy thing first time around just seems to fit. It finally feels like everything is just as it should be. And what a great feeling that is.

33 comments:

  1. Oh man, this post made me tear up!!! Isn't it crazy how much we love them before they're even "here"?? It's an amazing, amazing experience for sure! You plaster those cute little pictures wherever you please. :) Congrats Tiff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love captions, ha! The "I'm so flexible" picture is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Yes that ultrasound day is pretty awesome! I love that you "knew". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are too cute!!! That one of him being flexible is amazing. That leg!! Did they say he was measuring long/tall yet? That leg seriously looks really long! :) So cute Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. Those are awesome ultrasound pictures!!! I never got anything that good ... simply amazing. And I am seriously both cracking up and crying at the same time. Love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. So neat that you're sharing all of this on your blog. I feel privileged to get to read it. :)

      Delete
  7. He'll look great in Wildcat purple! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just too sweet! CONGRATS! We have our appointment to find out the sex on 7/15. Right now we have plans to have our tech write the sex on a card and we're going to open it together at dinner later that night... but your post makes me want to just find out right then and there in the office!!

    Congrats, again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pics are so awesome!!! Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah. This post made me cry! That appointment really is one of the best memories of my life. So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures are great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You ultrasound tech got some awesome pictures. You can actually tell it's a baby! I'm glad your feeling about the gender was right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! You are right. Just as it should be. So damn happy for you, Tiff. You brought tears to my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't is funny? I was always like, "Yea. Im going to keep a low profile" ANYONE that sees Judah knows every little thing he does cause I post it EVERYWHERE! Oops :)

    Love the pics! Hello, in there, little baby boy! Keep growing strong!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww what cute photos! When you decide on a name are you going to share that too or are you going to keep it a secret until he is born?

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww, laughing at all of your funny comments, but wanting to cry at the same time! This is such a sweet posts, and those pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to you!!! That's so exciting =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. aw how exciting!! I think I'm like you and totally indecisive and would not be able to guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How's Dan in all of this? Seems like he's a quiet, reserved kinda guy to begin with, is he excited? Scared? All of the above? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw I love that you just knew. :) Yay for boys!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eeee!! Love this!! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wooohooo CONGRATULATIONS! SO excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can't wait to meet your little nugget! So happy for you and Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  25. HA - I feel like everyone says they aren't that person who plasters pictures of ultra sounds for the world to see....but, it's so exciting!! I'm more excited for you when you post these details!!

    I can see how Target would be a dangerous place to go when you're expecting your first. I just posted about my love for the place, so it's a good thing baby gear isn't on my radar yet :P

    xoxo Jackie
    somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh man. This entire post just makes me so, so, SO happy for you. Though I know I would have been so, so, so happy for you if you were having a girl, too. But you get what I'm trying to say! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. yaaay congrats! how exciting! haha i love how you explained being indecisive, i'm totally the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  28. so excited for you!
    your boy will be adorable!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  29. you are the sweetest! This is so exciting & I bet Sher is pumped to be a big bro to a little human bro too!


    xx
    Here&Now
    Enter my current giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  30. you are so cute! being a boy mom is definitely a special blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats again, Tiff. So so happy for you both. You are just going to love motherhood. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am so so excited for you!! From what I hear, boys are so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.