6.10.2013

a walk with sherman

{image stolen from this amazing organization}

So Sherman has been with us for two years and three months thus far. On average, Sherm and I take about 10 walks a week together (Dan takes care of the rest). So let's say we do 10 walks a week. That's 520 walks a year which means Sherm and I have gone on approximately 1,160 walks and he's only two years old! Walking with Sherman is obviously one of my favorite things to do.

So this past Saturday Dan, Sherman and I went on a little one mile walk to support a wonderful organization called Bark N Blues. It was the best time. We walked, sniffed butts, listened to music, sat for treats, swam in baby pools, played frisbee, went down slipper slides and had a grand ole' time. And now for some pictures to prove it.
Waiting for his dad to buy him a treat.
Getting ready to go down the slide. Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture because I had to be there to catch him (and the leash). But he really did do it. Such a champ.
Thanks for another great walk, Sherm.
They mean the world to me.

17 comments:

  1. Aww that sounds like soo much fun!! I am soo glad they have activities for dog families!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Tiff! This got me all teary-eyed. I miss my old lab so so much. We took so many great walks together and even though he's gone, I will always treasure those walks we took. He was my best friend, as I know Sherman is yours. Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. You have really skinny legs and I'm so jealous. Oh and where did your baby bump go?! ha. T-shirts are great for that I guess. :)

    2. Sherman is just adorable. Seriously such a great looking dog. And he went down a slide?! amazing.

    3. Crap. Forgot my third thing, but love that you take so many walks with Sherm! You are such a great mom already, so will be for your baby as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember now. Laughing so hard at you saying you guys sniffed butts. ;) ;)

      Delete
  4. Love this post, looks like such a fun day for all of you! Is that a dog treat to go truck? (first I thought maybe it was an ice cream truck) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww!! so cute!! and "we walked, sniffed butts" hahahha hope just sherman ;) seriously too cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I know we have 'dog walks' like that around here. I think they'd be so much fun! I'd like to bring out of our cats for giggles. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully you get one of those great jogging prams so you can keep up all that healthy walking after the baby arrives. That's a good one for your baby shower list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously. Could this post be any cuter?! Love that Sherm gets to do these fun things! You're going to be such a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like so much fun! I wonder if they have anything like that where I live? I need to look into that, because it would be great to take Maggie out to something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That made me tear up, for real! I just love you, Sherman, and Dan! What a fun event, too- I love how you're teaching Sherman about giving back, in such a fun way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious! Love the lab just sitting in the water, cooling off, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how awesome! That sounds like so much fun and such a great thing to do.

    Christen
    feathers and ash

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post & love you & Sherman! My walks with Kobe are my favorite part of each day really.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!! It looks like the three of you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw so fun! I hope to take Sammy to something similar once he gets a bit older. He just gets too dang excited. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That top image made me almost cry. Dang it, I want my lab already!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.