Last Thursday, immediately following our ultrasound appointment, Dan and Sherman took off on a mini-vacation. Every year we go on a Jones family canoe trip. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go this year because of work (and because quite frankly the thought of trying to squeeze this belly of mine into a swimsuit is more terrifying than the thought of natural childbirth). So instead I took an extra long weekend to do absolutely nothing but clean, relax, shop and apparently cook. I know, I know. You don't even know me anymore. ;)
1. Made cinnamon swirl bread and didn't burn it.
2. Bought a baby pool for the Sherm Dog. When Dan called me from the river to tell me that Sherman swam for eight hours straight the first day, I ran out and bought him a $10 plastic pool in hopes that he would think it was the river and not get depressed about being home. It didn't work. He's depressed.
3. Used that crazy balloon up there as a "gender reveal prop" to help share the news with my mom that she will be getting another grandson. More on that later.
4. Made cookies and didn't burn them.
5. Went shopping with my 85 year old grandma for fabric so that she can make a baby quilt for our little guy. You know how we talked yesterday about being decisive vs. indecisive? I was definitely indecisive. My poor, poor grandma. We looked at 428 fabric options before I had it narrowed down to three.
6. Went shopping with my mom in search of anything and everything "gray and yellow". Which, if you haven't guessed already, will be the nursery colors. Surprise! Another surprise revealed. At the rate I'm going, I'm not going to have any surprises left for you once this baby comes. I'll probably tell you his name tomorrow. And yes, we know it.
7. Made some ranch flavored roasted chickpeas and didn't burn them.
More on that tomorrow.
Happy hump day friends!