But just a few weeks ago, it was another story. At about six weeks pregnant, my body did something horrible. It stopped liking everything that I used to once love. Yogurt, oatmeal, salads, vegetables, fruit, nuts, almond milk, granola ... pretty much everything that is good for a body, my body started to reject.
From 6 weeks to 12 weeks, my diet consisted of the following: Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, lucky charms and donuts. I wanted salt and sugar. With a side of grease.
But the 12 week mark is what we shall concentrate on. Oh that was a good week. I was no longer nauseous, I had more energy and I could once again eat the good stuff. Here are a few things I've been loving since then:
- Apples, oranges, cherries, watermelon.
- Anything honey-flavored, particularly cereal. Honey grahams, honey nut cheerios, honey bunches of oats. Our kitchen currently looks like an episode off Seinfeld.
- Corn nuts and Combos from a vending machine. Classy.
- Those mild pepper rings that you put on salads. I've eaten 4 jars. With a spoon.
- Salmon & tuna (although I have to limit myself per doc).
- Sonic tator tots. I'm only human.
- Soft pretzels (thanks to my sister-in-law who mentioned she ate these when she was pregnant and since then I've had 38 of them).
- Mustard. I could squirt it in my mouth.
- Salt. Salt. And more salt. I would choose a spoonful of salt before a double fudge brownie any day.
- Still obsessed with chicken nuggets. If this kid doesn't come out looking like a chicken nugget, I will be totally surprised.
Still having some food aversions to yogurt, oatmeal and nuts. But I'm not giving up hope just yet! I will be eating you.
Happy 17.5 weeks to our sweet lil' nugget!