5.13.2013

country livin'

Although Dan and I currently live in the city, we both adore the country and our dream is to own some land one of these days. I grew up swimming in muddy creeks (pronounced "cricks"), playing with frogs and turtles and attaching leeches to my skin for fun. Yes, for fun. I built forts and climbed trees and dug in the dirt and mud and had more ticks in my hair than any little girl should ever have. 

And although I still love going out to the country every now and then, I will be the first to admit that I've become quite the baby. I now shriek when I run through a spiderweb and I'd prefer not to have snakes slither across my shiny Hunter boots. Frogs and turtles are okay, but I really just prefer dogs now. :)

However ... I will say that seeing Sherman run up the hills and around the trees and through the water makes my heart ache to be out in the country again. Watching the kids use their imagination outside (outside!) to build forts and castles and make branches and rocks come to life is the best thing ever. To wade through muddy water and breathe in that country air ... it truly makes me want to move out to the country tomorrow. But for now I must go to bed so that I can wake up early and take yet another extra long, extra hot shower to make sure there are no ticks on me. Ewwww. ;)

A very happy {belated} Mother's Day to all the amazing moms out there!
And a very special thanks to my mom for a fun weekend out in the country. That and about 22 million other things. I love you mom! 

27 comments:

  1. Ahh. I don't know how I missed this! Congratulations to you and Dan! What wonderful news. So happy for you both. And you.are.adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I adore the country as well!!! And the country + a dog is even better! Oh wait. The country + a dog + a BABY is the best! So you have to move asap! haha. Such cute pictures. Looove that bump!You are so adorable Tiff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary RichardsMay 13, 2013

    Gosh I love that bump!!!!! You need to be in a magazine girl! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww. Love Sherm's face in that picture. He looks so dang happy! And so do you! The "crick" is good for you guys. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Kind of need to know where you got your yellow skinnies?! Are they maternity??

      Delete
  5. That is quite possibly the coolest maternity shot I have seen yet! Haha, and you can't get me away from my country, well you can but when I am away I miss it terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, um could you be any cuter?

    K
    kandrblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. I'm not sure who's cuter playing in the water. You or Sherm?! Love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I must also know about these yellow pants! CUTE!

      Delete
  8. Gah. I love these pictures! Makes me miss home. I agree that you with a belly with your hunters in the water is just the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We also have country dreams...but for for now I'm pretty happy living in a neighborhood where I can walk down the block to get our groceries! BTW...you are looking adorable mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely photos! You're little pregnancy tummy is adorable :)

    xoxo Jackie
    somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a total county girl at heart. Playing in the crick sounds like perfection! And look at your adorable little bump =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was a total tomboy growing up so I loved playing outside. Granted I was raised in the suburbs, but there were woods in our neighborhood with a "crick" in my backyard (I totally say that too).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am such a country girl! I love these photos. And that baby bump is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if I've said congrats yet, so congrats!

    I love the country, I live in a town that is literally nicknamed cowtown, where one of the biggest days of the year in highschool was drive your tractor to school day, and you always knew when that was because the school street was always lined with tractors.

    Also I have to say, do you pronounce creek as crick? My entire family does that and it's just one of those things that I can't stand. It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I played in "cricks" too!!! Gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how I love the country too!!! Looks like Sherman had a great time! and love love love that bump!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I really really don't like ticks or snakes! But these country pictures are gorgeous! And you and that baby bump are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so cute in your pictures... So cute it's disgusting. lol :) And Sherm looks like he's enjoying the country fresh air (and water). Hope you had a lovely weekend Momma-to-be. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. That photo of you and the bump in the creek.....GORGEOUS! Pregnancy agrees with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You and your baby bump are just THE cutest thing ever!!! I smiled the biggest ever when I got to that one! So we talking about any names yet? :)...this is soooo exciting....23 years since I had my last baby :) yea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love everything about this.
    there's nothing better really.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What the heck!? You are prego? How did I miss this!? Congrats! I've been a bit absent from the blog world, but looking forward to seeing your cute little bump more!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my lanta I am just catching up!!! So so happy for you guys!! Have you told Sherm yet? How is he taking it??

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm obsessed with your hubs' smile in this picture. Is that weird? I absolutely love it! Your baby could be absolutely gorgeous. Do you know are having yet?

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.