12.04.2012

trash pick up {november}

So these little trash pick ups are getting harder by the month. Not because there is less trash to be found (come on people ... pick up your crap) and not because Sherman is picking up less items (I think he's actually picking up more). The trash pick ups are getting harder because it's dark at 5am when we go on our morning walk. And it's dark at 6pm when we go on our evening walk. And my phone does not have a flash. So, you get to see weekend trash pick ups. Sherm's been letting me sleep in lately, so it's actually light outside when we get up. He's getting so big. Sleeping through the night and all. 

So here we go ... 

  1. KCP&L (Kansas City Power & Light) glove. Sorry to the lineman who lost this when he came to get our power back on last month. But thank you to that same lineman because it kept Sherman occupied for 52 minutes.
  2. Water bottle. Boring, I know.
  3. Paper plates. Yes, plural.
  4. Ground stake.
  5. Silk almond milk. 1/2 gallon. Unsweetened. 1/3 less calories.
  6. Another glove. 
  7. Toothpaste box. One of those big ones that holds two tubes of toothpaste for less $. Score!
  8. Our lottery ticket. We didn't win and I was pissed so I let Sherm eat it.
  9. Starbucks. Every dog deserves a latte every now and then.

Finders keepers.
Losers weepers.

And as always ... keep recycling. 
Or better yet, drop your trash in the street and Sherm will come pick it up.

21 comments:

  1. I look forward to this post every month. I find it hilarious and Sherm-dog is so cute :) Hope ya don't mind me calling him that, it just started when my hubs asked me what blog I was looking at with a dog that had trash in his mouth, no joke. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. Love your description for the Silk milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I love these so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO... the starbucks cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lOVE these posts...they make me laugh so much! Love dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha. He is quite the scavenger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha these are great! What a great dog he is! I love how descriptive you are in your explanations hah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love #6, 1/3 less calories huh? haha...love these pictures! =) If I had a dog I would want one just like Sherman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw the best looking garbage collector in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell Sherman he needs to be a little more resourceful and find some other items like money.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! I love these posts. I work with a guy named Sherman. He's not near as awesome as your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm gonna teach M&S to pick up trash, and the command will be "Sherman that".

    My dogs need to be better eco-citizens. So far they suck- they have an SUV, Sloan's a big contributor of noise pollution, and Max loves getting catalogs in the mail.

    At least neither of them kills grass when they pee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's ever so helpful, isn't he? ;) Baxter does that on our walks, so much so that I call him Trash Can Timmy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherman posts are my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. #8...I laughed out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! Lilah does the exact same thing! She also tries to sneak food that people leave on the street. There was a piece of pizza sitting in the street and my fiance was so careful about not letting her eat it on the way to and on the way back from the park one evening. He woke up the next morning and had totally forgotten about it overnight, but Lilah hadn't-- she totally bee-lined right to the pizza as soon as she was out the door. Smart dog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha...love the trash pick up posts. He should be a paid city employee. With benefits.

    You would be so grossed out if I did a post like this. City trash is much more civilized than country trash. Our dogs bring things like...coyote body parts, horse poop, cow poop...you get the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The lottery ticket cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. awww your dog is too cute... I miss my lucky dog hahaha

    xxx,

    Danielle Faith
    DanielleFaith.ME

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are hilarious! Sherman is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.