12.27.2012

not quite ready

As per usual, I took a few {hundred} pictures over the last few days. Tiny pics with my phone (when I could find free internet); tiny pics with Dan's phone (when he fell asleep and I managed to steal his phone); and big pics with the good ole' T2i.

As per usual, I'm gonna need some time to sort through them all.
But I'm just not quite ready.

I'm not quite ready to face the fact that I am home. That I'm back in Kansas City and my sweet baby nephew did not come with me. Jack, I told you to get in my suitcase, silly. What happened to our plan!? I'm not quite ready to face the fact that I am once again hundreds of miles away from my sister. And my awesome brother-in-law. And that beautiful city of Chicago. Nope, definitely not ready to face the fact that our wonderful little Christmas trip to Chicago is officially over.

But there is something great about all of this. Yep. You guessed it. Sherman picked us up from the airport last night (his Grandpa was driving, don't worry) and boy was he happy to see me us. Gosh I love that dog.

And even if I wasn't quite ready ...
it truly is good to be home.

I hope you all had an awesome Christmas with family and friends!
Good thing I have a few more days off work so that I can catch up on
284 Christmas blog updates.
I am in blog heaven.

24 comments:

  1. Cute photos! Your nephew is absolutely adorable. I hope you had a great Christmas, and I hope you have an even better (if that's possible) New Year!

    -blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! He's so cute! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful holiday! I'm also looking forward to a few more days off - before getting back to real life. Are you celebrating for New Years Eve?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great holiday!!! Love the pics!! Cant wait to see more!! Glad I am not the only one who hasnt sorted through pictures yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh, i just want to squeeze your nephew's cheeks. he is so adorable!

    sounds like you had the perfect Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, he is the absolute cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK - i'm not far from chicago. do you think they would mail your nephew to me?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I'm so glad you had such a great holiday with your family! Getting back in the groove is so hard after such a fun and relaxing holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, that sweet baby face!
    i can see how hard it was for you to leave it.
    but...
    there is no place like home. right?
    soak up all your blogginess!
    love and hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe hate that back to reality feeling! Looks like you had a great time! Cant wait to hear AND SEE alllll about it!!!

    Happy Back to Reality day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sweet baby face is ADORABLE! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is definitely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jack gets more and more adorable with each and every photo of him that you post. He's right up there with Sherman in the love-ability.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cutie! I don't blame you for missing that little face, but I'm sure seeing that OTHER cute little face greeting you when you got back almost made up for it!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that picture of Jack walking in the snow! I'm finally just now able to catch up on blogs too, but have been to actually write one...maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jack is more adorable with every pic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tiff. I really hope you are not catching up on all those blogs.

    But, man oh man.. When I lived in PA and my niece a billion miles away, it was beyond painful. I get it, I totally get it.

    and those pictures are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a new follower. :) Your blog is SO super cute, my dear! And you are even cuter!

    Your baby is beyond precious and it looks like y'all had a fabulous holiday. :) Merry Christmas!!!

    xo!!!

    Kenz
    www.lifeaccordingtokenz-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn't it the best feeling, though, coming home to see your dog when you've been away? They "smiles" you get, I usually get toothy smiles when they're excited. I left our boys at my mom's for a a day and night and they were ecstatic to see me just 24 hours later. I posted pictures, OBVIOUSLY lol.

    Glad you made it back safely even though you're a bit jaded to be back home.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jack just might be the cutest one year old I have ever seen!! Look at those cheeks. omg.

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.