12.09.2012

I finally know what I want to be when I grow up

@thejcoffeehouse
  • Dan's menu for the week. Not sure what I'm going to do on Wednesday. Don't everyone invite me over for dinner at once now.
  • Our first trip to the dog park was a success. And by "we" ... I mean my Hunter boots and me. I'm pretty sure Sherman was there too.
  • Homemade whole wheat pasta. I will never understand why people {like Dan} make stuff like this. Yes, it tastes amazing. But so do Ramen noodles.
  • It was a good weekend. 
Tiffany Jones, M.Ed.
Professional Weather Dancer

You all know I really just want to be a stay-at-home dog mom. But Dan hasn't gone for that one yet. So I've moved on to Weather Dancer. Professional Weather Dancer. You know, the people who dance for rain or sunshine or snow or sleet. Those people. They have to make a few bucks right?

A couple of months ago it was getting way too hot, so I danced for fall
And then temperatures almost immediately started dropping down to the 50s.
The 40s. The 30s. 

Then my lovely little state of Kansas decided to play another little trick on me this month and gave me temps that started with a 6. And then a 7. In December! So I decided to cry. And then I decided to wrap my body up in the thickest, warmest, most wintery scarf that I own and run around the yard 16 times while yelling "snow, snow, snow". Or at least that's what I did in my head.

You guessed it.
Low of 17 tonight.
With a chance for snow.
Hip hip!

Take THAT hot weather.
Our walks are about to get a whole lot more exciting.
Although they always were exciting with a red solo cup in hand. ;)

Hope you all had a great weekend. 
Just two more weeks until Christmas.
We can do this.

31 comments:

  1. I sure hope it doesn't snow because of YOU! it was so cold tonight, thank you very much! (I'm in overland park, not sure where you are!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a stay at home dog mom! Sounds like the best job ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss Kansas weather.. it's the worst for planning. That's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I want to be a stay at home dog mom too. Or just a stay at home wife-person. Yeah, that's what I want to be! -Jessica L

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on over on Wednesday. Really. I don't mind. I don't make my own cheese, but sometimes I do make my own noodles.

    We didn't get the snow we were supposed to. I'm assuming that it means that the clouds were saving up just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need you here! This 70+º weather in December is ridiculous!! I miss England's cold, believe it or not. It's downright hot here, and sweating as we bought our Christmas tree was all sorts of wrong.

    So please? Come over Wednesday, bring Sherman, I'll feed you both, and do some winter-dancing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clealy you're very good at your new profession already... I can't imagine what will happen when you hone your skills. Perhaps you'll be able to control the weather EVERYWHERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha amazing profession! I would love to see a little snow this year... please send some my way (if your dancing capabilities can do that!)!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you come to Kentucky and dance? It's hard to get in the Christmas spirit with weather in the 60's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just keep dancing for snow! I am sooo ready!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear professional weather dancers are in high demand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want your boots! That's all I want for Christmas this year. Husband better get the memo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stay at home dog mom!!! Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would still like to be a stay at home dog mom, too. Because ALL DAY SNUGGLES?! Yes, please. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. NICE! Enjoy the snow, and show us pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would hire you to dance for snow in Michigan, we're really missing it here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know exactly how you feel. We've been having very good weather 50-60s. Which is always nice BUT not in December! Give me some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always told chris I want to be a stay at home wife. And I'm ready for some snow too - we've had none!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Depending on how this Weather Dancer gig works out, I know a bunch of farmers and ranchers who would pay top dollar for a rain/snow dance.

    ReplyDelete
  21. stay at home dog mom would be the life!! stay warm lady!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gosh, you're too cute! Come to NY for dinner on Wednesday, and while you're here, give us a sun dance!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want it to snow dang it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sooooo, you're the one to blame for this unnecessary frigidness. Uck. Kansas. I was quite enjoying the spring-like temps! See why I've (unsuccessfully) lobbied to move south for sooooo long? Take your cold weather with you when you leave for Chicago ... Wish we were going with you guys but Cody is working. :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would like that career. ;) I need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up still. lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. It'd take a pretty miraculous dance to garner some snow down here in coastal south Texas, but I'd love to get some use out of my sweaters and boots... without needing a full body coating of deodorant.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wanna be a stay at home dog mom too... I mean if we both do it, then it is a thing, riiiight!?
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh, the weather...
    i could go on and on and on about
    the weather...
    i have a doppler radar app on my iPhone
    and you better believe i'm checking that thing every morning
    and i'm all over it when there is rain or storms predicted.
    you can never be too prepared!
    so... you dance the weather,
    and i'll read it off my iPhone!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OK - that cupcake wine? yay? or nay? i struggle every time as to whether i should buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. ha. Shem hamming it up again! Love him!!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.