11.16.2012

our first family photo

We might need a little more practice.
 
The other day I was looking through photos trying to find one of just the three of us. And I couldn't find a single picture. Not a one. Sherman will be two in January and yet this is the first time the three of us have smiled for the camera. I am still shocked about this.

So my friend offered to snap some photos of our little family while she was here last weekend. She actually took about 52 really good ones. But I picked out just a few of my favorites to show you today.
 
And speaking of favorites ... 
 

Good morning Coffeehouse readers! 
I am Jessica - and I blog over on Here&Now about the boy (Ty), the dog (Doug the Pug), & my journey to find my personal style while navigating my way towards getting my PhD in biomedical research... phew!
I am so happy to find myself over here on Tiff's digs today. Tiff is my daily dose of funny, & since she is serving up the hilar on the reg, I am not even going to try to get in on that action. Instead, I am talking about my most recent endeavor - moving in with my man friend.
After dating for three years, getting a pug baby together, & surviving the early years of grad school by supporting each other, we decided that we were ready for the next step - cohabitation. 
Living with a boy is definitely different... and my impulsive cleaning/organizing  side has had to make some MAJ-or adjustments. I have since given up the hope that the whole apartment is going to be clean all at the same time (except for maybe during the 10 minutes immediately prior to having guests over)
So instead of stressing about the fact that I would rather be blogging than cleaning (who wouldn't?!), I just focus on some favorite little areas in the house - the places I call my "sweet spots"
I'm sure the boys in my house have no idea that these sweet spots exist, but they just butter my bread on a daily basis. Does no one else smile when they open the fridge to find stylized groceries!? I know there are more of you people like me out there!
This little sweet spot is our impromptu date night area. Light some candles, play a game of mancala to decide who has to clear the table of dishes, & I am one happy lady... the boy is lucky I am easy to please, really.
And this little corner of our library (aka a bookshelf at the top of the stairs) is my sweet spot of history: a map chronicling all the places the boy & I have been together over the years, my favorite magazines, & the books that I paid an arm & a leg for during undergrad (I swear for that price, I will use them again!)
When I can't get around to dusting the house, or see my couch due to the mountain of laundry needing to be folded (how does he wear so many clothes in one week!?), I look to my sweet spots, photograph my outfits, and hangout with you fabulous ladies over here on the internet.
I hope you will come on over to my little slice of the internets sometime, & I am totally unashamed to bribe you with my current giveaway: a $30 store credit to the fabulous Etsy shop that is Gabrielle Rose. 
See ya real soon!
xx
Jessica


So next time we take family photos, I'll be calling my friend Jessica.
She has agreed to help me with my wardrobe. She has also agreed to teach us how to get crazy man Sherman to look like her sweet statue Doug the Pug. Seriously. How did they do that? 

22 comments:

  1. Good luck with the family photos!! I have NO luck with them... ever! Seeing all of these beautiful blogger families (and their wonderful Holiday cards) has made me start to think that it's time to try again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family photos can be difficult! I know what it's like with a kid and a dog! It's hard! Good Luck! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are SO CUTE!! Most beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are SUCH a doll my friend. and when are we going to make this happy hour happen!??

    xo, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those family photos. It's real life!
    I also love the pug bookends, and they are a great price! Until you add on the international shipping to Canada...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those have Christmas card written all over them. And I didn't realize Sherm was only (almost) 2! He is such a big boy!!

    I am in love with the idea of 'sweet spots' around the house, so cute and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those picture are so cute! That third one was cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your family photos!!! Sherman is so happy I love him. These are what our photos would look like too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The second photo was my favorite! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, the pictures are hilarious, especially #2- I love how you're just like "screw the boys- I'm gonna look cute no matter what!!"

    For what it's worth, we've got... maybe two decent pictures of both of us with the dogs? And none that include the cat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. um could yall be any cuter?? I LOVE your haircut...seriously...you are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE these!!! The third one is my favorite haha Tell Sherman his personality really shines through in that one ;) Your hair looks fantastic and I wish I could pull it off. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think these photos tell the story of your little family of 3 pretty well! The 3 of you are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, very cute family pics...love your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tiff, your family photos are adorable. And Jessica's house looks perfect. What is the St. Germaine glass?!?!? I want it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. Germaine + bubby is my favorite drink, and this summer our local liquor store has this glass+stir stick combo for free with a bottle of St. Germaine (it even has little measuring guides on the sides for some yummy cocktails!)
      xx
      Jessica

      Delete
  16. Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!! Love the out takes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite is the black & white! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great guest post - love Jessica's blog! Hahaha and those photos are great - it's always the inbetween photos and outtakes that are the best :)

    Life etc

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww,so cute dogs...love dogs so much.*_*
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you finally got some photos that you're happy with :) And they are such lovely photos! The photo of Jessica's fridge made me smile, reminds me of my own! Have a great week ladies xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. My husband and I just tried doing family pictures with our dogs this weekend! Talk about a handful! So.much.fun!!!! Can't wait to see them all! :)

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.