10.03.2012

the day we found the horses (and by horses I mean labs)

So let's paint up a little picture, shall we?
Beyond those French doors are mountains. Colorful mountains portraying a breathtaking sight. An unforgettable view that I was lucky enough to wake up to for several days last week. I would put on my slipper boots and take my large cup of coffee right outside those perfect doors on to that perfect deck and stare at those gorgeous, perfect mountains and say "life is perfect".

Just kidding. I don't care how gorgeous the view was, it was friggin' freezing out there at 7am (yes, I slept in). So, instead I would take my cup of coffee right over to the kitchen table, which was next to the fire, which was next to my computer. And I would stare at my computer screen. Oh the life of a blogger. But really ... blogging is even more fun when you have a nice view to glance at every now and then. So I'm pretty sure I could be a famous blogger if I lived in Colorado. Just in case you were wondering why I'm not a famous blogger. That's why.
That's the only thing I can come up with.
(just nod your head and smile)
So you can imagine how hard it was to pry myself away from the house. Away from this view. But, I finally managed to put on my tennies and ball cap (I looked gooooood) and explore the country.
Oh hey, I guess there are horses in this post after all.
Go figure.
The famous point.
For those who know my Dad ... you know he likes to point.
Climbing mountains. Or large rocks.
Just call me Tomboy Tiff.
It's fine.
And now for the fun part.
Here I was, on top of Weston Pass, missing my chocolate (red) lab who was back home in Kansas. And out of the corner of my eye ... what should appear ... but two chocolate labs (and one mountaineer). I seriously thought I was seeing things. Maybe one too many samples at the brewery the day before. But they were real live chocolate labs! Two of them. Two amazing choc lab brothers.

So of course, I walked ran right up to that stranger and asked him if I could pet hug his dogs. And the stranger looked at me like I was crazy. So then I proceeded to tell said stranger my entire life story about Sherman and loving dogs and having a blog ... and ... long story short, the stranger let me hug his dogs because, well, I'm pretty sure he was scared of me.
Or maybe he just felt sorry for me.
And then those crazy brothers decided it would be fun to try and knock me
off the mountain.

I love my labs.
Hey, that's what I said.

35 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics!! My boyfriend has been out to Colorado twice and he loves it out there! I definitely want to go. Gotta love those horses...err...labs :) I call mine one all the time haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeks this post made me smile big time! This looks like my absolute favorite vacation. I love the mountains thanks to my mountain man. We visit New Mexico 2 to 3 times a year. AND I love skiing, so we try to go in the winter time. But I think the chocolate lab pics MADE the post. Pure joy right there! Love the one where they are hurdled over you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! What a beautiful place to visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the cutest! i love how you ran up to the dogs, too cute! amazing pictures! they make me want to go to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha love it...it's pathetic how much I miss Cooper when we leave him behind. Glad you got a little substitution love from those cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha this post is just adorable. Love those views, I'm movin to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures, the one of the water is amazing.
    If you had a sec, would love for you to check out my latest style for less post!
    www.nellecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I could be a famous blooger in Colorado....if I didn't have to leave the house an be in nature where there are bugs and the climate isn't controlled by a dial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh those pictures are so sweet! I miss my black lab back home so much!! They really are the best dogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colorado is beautiful! Those pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the best thing! Missing your dog and seeing a big ole' doggie relative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a friend who just moved to.Colorado and now I can't wait to visit! That's so sweet you ran into those labs when you were missing Sherman.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i say we BOTH move to CO and become famous little lady bloggers... who randomly find dogs and strangers to harass and annoy with love and laughter...


    at the VERY least, i just listed us an AWESOME retirement plan.. blogging grannies, that's my new goal..

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least you didnt take off down the mountain with their leashes and have 3 doggies instead of one. I know you thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your rhyme in the middle of your post! So cute!

    Looks like a very relaxing and nice getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Craziness!! Love those views... I think my in-laws live way wayyyy across those mountain ranges...in LARKSPUR! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like your having fun!! Loving the pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My dad is a pointer too! Gotta love 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looove this. We always manage to find the one dog around too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your pictures - looks like a ton of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha, how perfect is that!? That guy probably didn't think you were crazy at all. Owning two labs, he probably understood completely :)

    When we take Huckleberry out, people always ask to pet him (he still has a lot of pup in him, which I know is irresistible to most people not to pet, lol) But one time, this really, really old man didn't ask me, he simply bent down and gave Huck the biggest hug ever! He buried his face in Huck fur and just held on. It was so sweet it actually brought tears to my eyes. I didn't think he was weird. Just thought that stranger needed a good long hug with a dog. Sometimes animals touch us deeper than other humans have the ability too!

    Looks like you're having so much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love that view! and love that you got your chocolate lab fix while on vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha, Paul is constantly rolling his eyes at me and saying "Not everyone needs to know their life story" regarding the dogs. Glad to know it's not just me!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh hiya purdy dogs! I can't tell you how many situations I've been in where a dude's lookin' at me all weird so I tell him my life's story to think I can convince him I'm not crazy. Totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are killing me with the random horses. And the dogs look so sweet. And your picture of the stream is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  26. And I think I would be a famous blogger if I had horses and I lived with them in my backyard with an ocean view... I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  27. colorado looks fabulous!
    love the pictures!
    i'm sure that visit with the other dogs gave you just enough satisfaction before you had to go home to your doggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. AH I love to ask strangers if I can pet their dogs!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. And you didn't have a toothbrush on hand for an impromptu cleaning? Bad famous blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aww there is really nothing like the love of a dog! And you rock the baseball cap look well gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can totally relate to missing my pooches on vacation, and getting so excited when I see other Bichons around! I need my "fix" to make it through the time apart. So glad you found that! P.S. It's beYEWtiful there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the pics of the chocolate labs!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. These views are amazing!! You've just gotten me twice as excited about my trip to Colorado this winter!!! Only down side I won't get all the pretty colors. I'm sure it will be covered in snow... good thing I LOVE SNOW!!! SO excited this trip looks like it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The problem with being a Colorado blogger is that you get over the view, and you just want to be out in it... that's why I'm not a famous blogger yet. Labs are everywhere in CO. You should move here, become a famous blogger, and Sherman can have a lot of lab friends. It's the perfect solution to all ills in life, really.

    ReplyDelete
  35. hahaha! I love that you did that. My mom has been a crazy dog hugger lately. Seriously, EVERY dog we see she has to stop and hug.

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.