10.26.2012

a philosophy

My mom (a lover of all things Charlie Brown)
sent me the following in an email yesterday afternoon.
Feel free to read, smile ... and then go have some fun.
It's Friday!

The Charles Schulz Philosophy

The following is the philosophy of Charles Schulz, the creator of the 'Peanuts' comic strip. You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just ponder on them. Read the e-mail straight through, and you'll get the point.

1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4  Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:

1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.

Easier?

The lesson:
None of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are no second-rate achievers; they are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies.
Awards tarnish.
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the
most credentials, the most money ... or the most awards.
They simply are the ones who care the most.

Now go spend some time with those crazy people you care about.
And who care about you.
Happy Weekend!

Winner of last week's giveaway was ... Brooke {Loving This Unique Life}
Congrats Brooke! I will be emailing you. :)

31 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for posting this. Just what I needed :)

    Have a great weekend love!


    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this with my whole heart...happy friday, my friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is REALLY great! I love it! So thoughtful of your mom to send it to you.
    My dad retired from being a professor at a college for over 40 years recently and his co-workers didn't make a big deal about it, which at first he was upset about, but THEN he started receiving 100s of letters from past students who all included stories of how he had helped them and guided them while they were at his college. THAT was what mattered to him, not the fan fair from his peers, but seeing and hearing that he had helped so many students!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw this is sweet! (I can, in fact, name not only the last 5 but every Heisman winner since 1984, the year I was born. and world series winner, and super bowl winner, and stanley cup champion, and ncaa football champion. I like to memorize...) But the message of this is so nice, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this...such a beautiful thing to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great post! LOVED reading that!

    have yourself a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really is very inspiring! I couldn't name anyone on the first list, but I could definitely name everyone on the second list. Just a great reminder of how important it is to be someone's special sparkle... you never know when they will need you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I loved that! So true, but a much needed reminder! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love this.. i mean, i LOVE philosophy.. and i LOVE peanuts!


    and i kind of love you..


    oh yeah, this just got weird...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Iove everything about this, it is so true, thank you for posting it. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! That's a great philosophy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh. This so great. And SO true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sheesh!- what a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Mom = The Best! -- Give her a big ole hug from me the next time you see her. I miss her smiling face!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's my kind of philosophy :) So happy about winning on your blog of all blogs! WOO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is simply amazing and made me smile!! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this!! Thanks for sharing, Tiff.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This made me so happy! Thanks for sharing. Your momma...and Charles are very wise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this. The best blog post I have seen this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. yes yes yes! Although I think my bf could totally name the last decade's world series winners (ha!)... snugged up with my loved ones right now, and they are doing some series good work on melting the stress from this week!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH, well true dat! But I wish I did know the first 6 answers!-Jessica L

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing!!!
    THank you for sharing!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it thank you for sharing and reminding us whats important!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so happy Brooke won the Anthrpologie giveaway. She seems like such a sweet girl. Thanks for arranging it all, Tiff, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I definitely enjoyed reading this. Reading this has brought a smile not just to my face but to my heart. I may not be rich, I may not be famous but I am definitely blessed with people who are more valuable than any treasure in the world. =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this - you - and your mom!! thanks so much! I am a huge Peanuts fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for this! It is so true!!! I am pinning it as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.