10.21.2012

40 tips

{via}
I'm guessing you have seen this once or twice {or twelve times} before. But it was the perfect little Sunday night reminder for me ... the girl with a sore throat and a busy week ahead. I wish I knew the original source, but my research gave me nothing. So I will just say that whoever wrote this is one smart cookie.


40 Tips for an Exceptional, Superb & Powerful Life
{unknown source}

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day and while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a TiVo (DVR), tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to _____ today."
5. Live with the 3 Es - Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy, and the 3 Fs - Faith, Family, Friends.
6. Play more games with friends and read more books than you did last year.
7. Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured in plants.
11. Drink some green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, seafood, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, and your desk and let new energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn and pass all your tests. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past, so it won't mess up the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing.
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for _____." "Today I accomplished _____."
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. Make the most of it and enjoy the ride.

38 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this- I needed to read it :) Not to apply it!

    Have a great week, lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #41 Buy a cute puppy exactly like the one in this post! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this before... I'm really glad that you posted this today, some amazing reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic ideas! I love #8, I am actually in a course at my university about spending time with older adults.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE perfect thing for me to read today. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great reminders. love the ones you had in bold and the one that says "will this matter in 5 years." i'm pretty sure i fail miserably at that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! What great reminders as we start a new week !

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is an amazing list. so inspiring, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this very much. My favorite part is, "Today IS special."

    Thanks, Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen this surprisingly. I love it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!! Needed the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this and def needed a reminder. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for posting the list! I love it and have copied it to my blog and plan on pasting a copy of it in my bathroom or somewhere I look often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I need to work on all 40 of these! Especially to agree to disagree and to hang out with more elders (I do love their stories!)
    Thank you so much for sharing... just what I needed to start my week off right!
    I hope your sore throat goes away without causing any mischief! Here's to a productive week!!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome stuff and thanks for many reminders :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great list:) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Needed to hear this :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Going to pass it around to my friends-- have a great Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just sent this to my mom and aunt who are in quite the tiff :( This is really inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I needed this one today. Thanks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it, and that photo is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Give me that puppy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great reminder! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for posting this. Seriously, I needed to stumble upon this today. I have been taking the daily life way too seriously lately. I need to enjoy it more. thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is great! I needed this... I like the one about smiling and forgiving everyone for everything... this can be a challenge but I believe it makes for a better life.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the "today is special" one. So, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just found your blog through The Bookness and I'm obsessed! :) Newest follower! xx.
    Megan

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this; gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I saw your post on the Bookness today and then saw your blog, and then saw Sherman! He's so handsome! Its lovely to meet fellow dog lover so I thought I might introduce you to Kona, My chocolate baby! (shes actually 50% chocolate and 50% chessepeak)
    http://allthingschula.com/2012/01/in-honor.html
    You have a lovely blog, I'm excited to start following!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loved this, I need to put it in to practice

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is the first time I've ever seen this and I love it! Thank you for putting this list up :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE this list! I've never seen it before... definitely printing it and hanging it in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow- totally needed this today. Thanks for posting these reminders that are so easily forgotten and bipassed every day!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are the sweetest for writing/posting this. I have seriously bookmark this!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi there! Popped on over from Piril's site. You've gained another reader. Pleased to meet you, I'm Lindsay. Sherman is ADORABLE btw, but you already know that. :)

    Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.