9.13.2012

you can never have too much cake

So maybe you've noticed, but in regards to me and blogging ...
I seem to get on these "kicks". 

One week you'll read seven posts about my dog. The next month you'll find me posting about every room in our house. And right now? Right now I'm on a Jack kick. Or a nephew kick really. I guess this has something to do with Jack and Kemper both recently turning a year older (tear).
Oh and the fact that I love them both dearly.

Party Dos
Hangin' with his Great Nan and Great Pop.
Uncle Dan trying to teach a one year old how to juggle.
He has high hopes for his baby nephew.
Thanks Lala for the cute monkey cake.
This would be Aunt Tiff's piece of cake. Except that it wasn't really cake. My mom (Jack's Lala) is a practical joker. She covered a styrofoam ball with frosting and told me to eat it. And boy did I try ... until I figured out it was styrofoam. So then I passed it on to my sister and tricked her into eating it.
Muhahahaha.
Oh and if you like those last couple of pictures ...
you're gonna love my post coming up (don't hold your breath though, it will be a few days). Remember I told you over here that someone pretended to be a professional photographer and take Jack's one year photos? Well ... that someone was me. And boy did I "pretend". Let's just say I am not a photographer. When I got home and put my camera away, I turned to Dan and whispered, "Crap! I didn't even have my camera on the right setting!" (or at least not the best setting). Oops. And this may or may not be the first time my sister is hearing of this ... oh hey sister!

But, wrong setting or right setting ... it was fun. And hopefully one day I will be able to take pictures of my sweet nephew(s) and actually know what the heck I'm doing. Oh and Kemper, you're up next. Get ready my sweet guinea pig. :)

31 comments:

  1. I love nephew kicks! He is a doll in even the wrong camera setting! Haha great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - hopefully the pictures still turned out! Jack is one cute little guy! Also, I think I may implement the two party rule for my birthday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see more pictures!! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. See that? I knew you had two cakes, little man. 1 is not too young to learn sharing... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last photo is just so so so so so so so so beautiful!!! And I am sure the rest will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww he's cute...blog away about him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww what a fun birthday party!!

    he is a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nephew is so so cute.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want C A K E!!!!
    We'll remedy your camera settings soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the monkey cake! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. he is so freaking adorable. and so is your nephew. the first "he" is the monkey cake. i want that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness. <3 So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie! and that cake! i miss birthday parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. last person who told me they were on a "Jack kick" wasn't talking about their cute little nephew...


    ...I'm referencing Jack Daniels. Get it? GEEETTT ITTTTT? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. jack.

    have you noticed the theme in my blog? if you notice one please get back to me, I'm pretty sure it's just ADHD.

    Those photos are perfect. stop it.

    Jack.

    i just like the name, I know you love that boy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cracking up over the fake piece of cake. That's brilliant.

    As for the birthday boy...he is absolutely scrumptious :)
    (don't know if I spelled that right, but you get what I'm saying)!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So I read this as "Party Dos" as in, things that are good- as opposed to "Party Don'ts".

    That's right. I kept scrolling waiting for some bullet points of how to have a rockin' one-year-old's party.

    *sigh* My brain really is gone...
    Oh- and I LOVE Jack's little party-hat induced double chin!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mom and uncle once filled an ice cream cone with crisco and gave it to my uncle. He still to this day gets mad about that story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is such a cutie. He must be a real joy to be around!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you can stay on this kick for as long as you'd like :) he's so stinking adorable!

    ps..styrofoam trick...nailed it!! i'm so going to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. aw such a cutie!! That cake looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you guys know how to party right!!! Loved the piece of cake gag - and hooray for playing photographer! Isn't it so fun? I do it all the time, and I have no idea what the heck I'm doing :-p

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a VERY precious nephew! Aww!! I think your photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these "kicks" you're on!

    I bet those pictures are amazing! I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. first off that cake looks SO good & second omg! he is so freaking adorable! i love babies haha! TGIF! XO

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww I think you did a great job with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.