9.09.2012

one special day for one special boy

Dear Kemper,

Soon after you were born, your Uncle Dan was lucky enough to get to hold you {cue picture of Uncle Dan holding baby Kemper}. That was six years ago. I still remember this day because your Uncle Dan called me and told me how excited he was that you had finally arrived. I wish I could have been there, but a silly thing called school somehow kept me away. And speaking of school .... you are in school now. School! Where has the time gone? I remember the first time that I held you in my arms. Oh man was I scared. You see Kemp, your Auntie Tiff hadn't been around very many babies before you came along. When I picked you up for the very first time ... you cried. I mean, wailed. Your Uncle Dan said that it was because babies can sense fear. He told me to relax. So I tensed up even more {because I always do the opposite of what your Uncle Dan tells me to do, but don't tell him I said that} which made you cry even harder.
Way to go, Uncle Dan.
There is a happy ending to this story. Eventually you stopped crying. And you and I decided to become best buds. From playing trucks upstairs in your Uncle Dan's old room at Grandpa and Grandma's house, to playing "hide-n-seek" (which really means, you run from me and I chase you until you giggle) at our house on the weekends ... I have loved every minute of it.

And so, with today being your special day and all ...
I just wanted to wish you the Happiest Birthday of them all.

We love you Kemp!

P.S. I'll see you tonight for some extra fun celebrating. You run. I'll chase.

7 comments:

  1. I think you must be the BEST Auntie ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, you must be a wonderful auntie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! You are a good Aunt...wish you were mine, um just kidding that's weird. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw!! Happy Birthday to him!! What a great auntie you are :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Tiffany, your hair looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.