9.19.2012

one day away


I will want to remember this after my seventh child (btw Dan, we're having seven kids).
And no, that's not a real hat.

Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
2005

{2005: Dan and I hardly even knew each other; I'm pretty sure I was still using a disposable camera, and I thought baby oil was better than sunscreen. Yikes.}

Several weeks ago I took a vacation.
I took a 24 hour vacation from a little thing called blogger. I took a few hours away from gmail; a few hours away from social networking. And I spent some quality time with my husband. And my dog.

And I'm gonna do it again. Except for this time I might sneak a little peek at my blog list in blogger. And I will probably respond to just a couple of emails. And you could even see me on Instagram and Twitter. Oh and I should probably do my job too. Ok, so maybe this daydream won't last very long after all.

Last time I spent some of my 24 hours reminiscing about a vacation we took to Colorado. And today I will be in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Walking along white sandy beaches with an ice cold Corona in my hand. Dan's hairy chest glistening in the sun; Sherm getting his doggy paddle on in the ocean. And of course ... playing with his friends over at PAR.

One day away.
I wonder where we'll go next?
Oh I have some ideas ...

25 comments:

  1. I'm hoping we can get to Europe in the first half of next year. It's a big haul all the way from Australia but I don't feel like I can let many years more go by without making the trip! Can't wait to hear where you decide to go - Australia?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dream vacation :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh how gorgeous! Enjoy some down time girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! enjoy my dear! we took a ferry from cozumel to playa... so awesome! enjoy your time and dan's glistening chest hair. that made me snort.
    xox
    ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just got BACK from there! beautiful place with beautiful weather, beautiful people (sigh)... just so amazing!! back to the grind now though... though i guess fall in NYC isn't SO bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come too?? lol love the hat... and Dan looks like he works at the resort in that one pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing!! Hope you enjoy every minute of it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Shawn and I are looking for a vacay spot for the spring. Put this on the list! Beautiful! And I love your mini-vacation idea! So needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing. have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg superrrr jealous, I hope you and your husband have a wonderful wonderful top.

    XO, Adropofbliss.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fact that you just said "hairy chest glistening" made my whole day. So, thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel diiiiiiirty envisioning Dan's hairy chest glistening in the sun... THINK OF SHERMAN SHAKING WATER SLOBBER EVERYWHERE (said in my best Austin Powers' "Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" voice").

    Have a great mind-cation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you really going to Playa?? I can't wait for you to see the shelter!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was telling a Director today that I needed a vacation... I haven't taken a week off of work in over a year... It could be more like 2+ years... =/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I leave tonight for 3 days away! So, we can disappear together.

    And yes, you have Jack hating his pictures being taken to look forward to. I CAN'T BE ALONE IN THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. IM GOING TO DISNEY!!

    LOL jk... I wish!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wherever you go next, can I go too please?!?

    ReplyDelete
  18. ENJOY your break!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  19. We haven't done Mexico yet!! Those pics looks amazing! Have a fabuless time! I'm sure u will. Enjoy an extra Corona for moi. Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Come to Playa del Carmen! It's beautiful right now!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.