8.21.2012

our digs: where we bask

So this post will need to be updated in a few weeks. This little sunroom is currently under construction and is getting some new windows. Huge, amazing, impossible-to-lift windows. Not that I've even attempted to lift them (somebody has to take the pictures around here) ... but they sure do look heavy.

We started out with old, yucky crank windows. Honestly, at first we thought these windows were pretty cool. And they were. But they also let in a whole lot of air. And our poor single vent in the sunroom just couldn't keep up. They were also a you know what to clean. Not to mention, this little sunroom here is going to be Sherman's new "home" during the day, since we obviously can't trust him on the couch while we're gone. So, before this room becomes "Sherman's Sunroom" ... we have to make sure that it's the perfect temperature for him.
You know, because he's a dog and all.

BEFORE ...

DURING ...

AFTER (or at least until I show you all the finished windows)...
I won this adorable bicycle print from a real live blog giveaway. You can check that out over HERE.
Who knew those blog giveaways were actually real anyways? ;) You truly do win stuff. Good stuff. Free stuff. Free!
An old apple crate ...
turned cute little shelf.
The End.
With yet another green mirror (the first was in the kitchen, in case you missed it).
I'm obsessed with green mirrors.
Oh and boots. Green boots are good too.

What we did:
  • Replaced door to sunroom (goodbye nasty solid door; hello beautiful french door)
  • Replaced door to outside patio
  • Replaced crappy linoleum with shiny new tile (same tile continued from kitchen)
  • Painted walls
  • Painted trim
  • Painted ceiling
  • New windows between sunroom and office. You get to see this little {ginormous} project tomorrow in the office reno. Get excited.

32 comments:

  1. I really like how those apple crates were repurposed into shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh excited for the office reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the apple crates turned shelving! I hope Sherman enjoys his "new room"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your giving me all these options for when I come visit. I can sleep anywhere in this house. Me n Sherm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks SOO cute! Love the use of crates :) I need to gather some of those myself! I'm sure little Sherman will be enjoying his new room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The apple crate, the adoblahblahdack chairs, everything. The new windows look way better, too. Sunrooms are called "conservatories" over here- and we've got one on this house. It's my favorite place to go sit and read... I'm gonna miss it. Maybe I'll have to come borrow yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love all the green accents! it all looks very peaceful and a lovely place to enjoy an evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great! wish i had a space like this in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are so much the obsessive dog parents that Sherman gets a fully-renovated, climate controlled room with awesome windows as a punishment for destroying your leather couch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So far so good! The updated window looks great! =) I'm sure you'll be happy when they are all in! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this room! The apple crates are perfect. Cute boots! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love new windows, they make a house look so much nicer. I love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherman is going to love his new sunroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute. I wish we had a sun room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know I didn't miss the first mirror... so its you who likes the mirrors. I had a college roomate who had a mirror at eye level when she was sitting at her desk. She openly admitted she liked to look at herself while she was working. This is a true story. Ask my mom.

    Anyhow... if I was as cute as you I would want mirrors all over my house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this sunroom! We have a three season porch off our kitchen and it is my favorite room in the whole house. Even when in the fall, when it is really too cold to be out there, I will bundle up with a blanket and just read a book and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love it. looks like a perfect place to chat and read

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh....those crank windows remind me of my childhood. We used to pretend that the window was a bank window and would push our money through. My cousin cut her wrist open bc one day it busted! Sad day. But she's 20 something years older and not scarred for life. (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This turned out great! I LOVE the crates as shelves. I've been meaning to do that for my room, I just need to figure out where to put it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky Sherm. He's going to have books and magazines to read all day long. What more could a dog ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks great! I like that bicycle painting and I'm glad that you actually do win stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh! I want to hang out with Sherm in his new sunroom! Just so I can stare at your free bicycle print.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I support your love of green. Wanna know why?

    List of things in my apartment that are green:

    1) Clock
    2) Walls
    3) OH FINE, IT'S EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING IS GREEN.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loves it. I so wish we had a sunroom.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE sunrooms and I love basking. I want a sun room to bask in. Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh you inspire me! it's so hard for me to decorate a whole house.. how do you make it look so easy chick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the sunroom! Sherman is one lucky dog to be getting such a nice place to sleep and play all day ;)

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. i would most definitely spend more time "outside" in your sun room!
    i kind of have a small {AKA really big} phobia of insects, so this room, would be great.
    you two are quite the fixer-upers!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So sweet and cozy!! Love sunrooms!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love these pictures! It's always so fun to see what people do to make their houses a home :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Green boots and green windows? Not bad at all! Hmm, I think replacing your old door with a French door is a great move, since French doors are quite functional and decorative at the same time. :)

    Regards,
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.