7.27.2012

reasons to celebrate

the in-laws at our wedding reception ... how cute are they?
So, you all know that husband's birthday was Wednesday.
Several of you asked if I ended up getting him a card. I did. But then I forgot to sign the card, which then caused me to forget to give him the card. So I'm saving it for next year. I'm not kidding. He never even noticed.

So anyways, Dan was born on July 25th.
His sister (my amazing sister-in-law) was born on July 26th.
Their parents (my amazing in-laws) also got married on July 26th.
And on July 27th my amazing sister-in-law and her husband got married.

Phew.
Oh and these events happened during different years ...
just in case you were sitting there scratching your head.

When did Dan and I get married?
November 30th.
Rebels.

Long story short, we've got some major celebrating to do this weekend.
So, while I'm off celebrating (8am is never too early) my friend Megan from
Happy the Home will be sharing some special moments from her big day of celebration. So sit back, relax, and get ready to go "awwww" ...
Before our wedding day, a friend of mine gave me some great advice that stuck with me throughout our wedding day...and it was such great advice that I have since passed it on to other brides to be.
Her advice: "stop at every top of the hour...and just take it all in. take some time to take in the sights, the sounds, and the love filling the air. "

Best advice ever. I was reminded of those words throughout the hustle and bustle of all the craziness. Granted, the day flew by. But, not without me savoring some incredible sacred moments. Today, I would love to share some of our wedding day moments that will forever be etched on my heart.

My groom wearing his beloved converse.
My sweet friend Elaina putting on my "something borrowed" necklace.
The church's cross chandelier that hung in the center of the beautiful wood paneled ceiling.
Sitting at the edge of my seat as I watched my bridesmaids get ready.
The details of my dress. Only the 3rd dress, I tried on. Perfectly me.
A gift from my groom. A brand new Bible with my new name on it.
Along with a beautifully written letter from my sweet man.
My beautiful bridesmaids praying over me.
Their sweet prayers and words touched my heart and encouraged my soul.
I kept unintentionally covering up our kisses with my bouqet.
(which made for some pretty cute pictures)
My grandfather's sweet words of encouragement before my dad gave me away.
I remember smiling so much.
I had a lot to smile about.
I remember being pronounced husband and wife
and walking out of the church hand in hand with my sweet man.
Our first dance together as a married couple.
Listening to the words of "God Blessed the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts...
as I held my new husband close and thanking God for bringing him into my life.

Those words of advice are still with me 3 1/2 years later.
Those moments are etched on my heart.
The day I married my best friend.
The day that changed my life forever.
So many memories.

"Wherever you are - be all there."  - Jim Elliot
Savor every moment.
I am so glad I did.


Talk about one amazing bride. Not to mention, Megan here makes the cutest vlogs ever. I am so very jealous. Megan, call me. I need help. Ok, fine. I'll call you. Go HERE to check out her vlog. She might just kill me for saying that, but hey ... it's Friday!

Speaking of Friday ...

Winner of last Friday's giveaway was ... Amanda {Eloquent English}
Congrats Amanda! I will be emailing you.

21 comments:

  1. Have fun celebrating!! And happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh - pictures of parents like that just make me melt. i just look at that picture and can't stop saying awwwwww!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got chills and started crying. What a beautiful recap of her wedding day! I love how much cherished the little moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an awesome celebration weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a birthday card still sitting in a drawer that was meant for hubs bday back in April - I just found it! Have an awesome celebratory weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wedding photos are probably my favorite thing ever to look at! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. January 13th is my in-laws' wedding anniversary.
    January 13th is ALSO my FIL's birthday.
    January 14th is my SIL's birthday.
    January 15th in my neice's birthday.

    it's a busy few days. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all the wedding photos across the blogosphere! Whoot whoot! But seriously, those pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post!! I love wedding stories!!! Great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh!!!! Some families just don't PLAN, do they? Or they think it's fun and plan it purposefully? We have a September moment like that: 4 birthdays and a wedding anniversary in a week. Craziness. Happy celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed that this was a guest post. And I was looking at the pictures thinking... did Jones have a third wedding where she dyed her hair red????? Shows you how fast I read these things... gees.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least you didn't put the card in an envelope, stuck postate on it and never mailed it. That happens to me frequently. And then the card is so long overdue that I'm too embarassed to send it off. But then again, it's probably a good thing you're not trying to mail off a card to your hubby. Who lives with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to hear your secrets!!
    Stop on by...
    http://missbitchxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahhh, the first photo is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos of Megan's wedding! Have a lovely weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hubs and my Mee ma share a birthday. Pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had a beautiful wedding. I can totally relate to the groom wearing converse. my husband wore shell toe Adidas. You gotta keep it real:)

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of celebrating this weekend here too! Enjoy lovely!! Loved the wedding pics! P.S. SO not fair my wedding was before Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a wonderful weekend of celebrations! Cheers to you and your totally awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! that is a lot of celebrating! I guess it is better to have a lot to be happy/thankful for than not enough! Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.