4.09.2012

just a little change

Let me begin by saying that this change could go either way.
It could be really awesome.
Or it could be a ginormous mistake.

You may start seeing more professional, more beautiful, more amazing pictures on this little blog.
Or, you may continue seeing pictures like this one.

I first posted about needing wanting a new camera HERE (and here).
I didn’t exactly get the 5D. Because let’s face it, I’m a blogger, not a photographer. I would have had absolutely no clue how to use the Mark. Not to mention it would have been worth more than my car. My car people! But that's not hard to accomplish when you're still driving your car from high school. Moving right along ...

Actually, I don’t even know how to use the camera I bought.
Oh man, I’m in trouble.
I ended up going with the 

EOS Rebel T2i EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens Kit
Digital SLR Camera
+
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS IIE Lens

I literally just had to copy and paste that from the Canon website.

Again, I have no idea what I’m doing. I don’t even really know what EOS or EF-S or IS means. I just picked the one that looked the prettiest.
I’m kidding. I actually made husband do research. I hate doing research.

Here’s some more copy and paste:

•18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
•DIGIC 4 Image Processor
•ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12800)
•Improved EOS Movie mode with manual exposure control
•Wide 3.0-inch (3:2 aspect ratio) Clear View LCD monitor
•New Quick Control Screen button
•Live View/Movie shooting button
•Compatible with SDXC memory cards
•3.7 fps continuous shooting

HUH???
sandbergphotos
Anyways, the point of my story is that I got this new, amazing camera and I plan on taking some awesome pictures like the two above. But, don’t hold your breath because before I can take pictures, I have to learn how to use the thing.

Husband made me sign up for a little photography 101.
Imagine that.
Husband, the hobbier (probably not a word but let's just go with it) wants me to take a class.
I don't want to. But, it was part of the deal.
Tiff gets a new camera if Tiff signs up for photography 101.

I’ll let you know how it goes.
And I’ll be sure to show you my first ever T2i photo.
(I remember T2i by saying ‘T to the i’ in my head)

I’m sure it will be wonderfully blurry.

30 comments:

  1. YAY! I have the t3i and I definitely have no idea what I'm doing! I need to sign up for a class asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was a class near me I'd sign up! I'm glad I'm not the only newbie photographer out there that has no clue what they're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I have a Nikon D5000 and I love it. I am still desperately needing to take a class even though I got my camera about a year and a half ago. So good for you for doing it now even if it wasn't completely voluntary :) Looking forward to seeing your pictures! xoxo, morgan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've just found your blog through Rachel and wanted to say hi :)

    I recently just got a new camera and am still trying to figure out all it's settings and little tricks! Sometimes I get a great photo, other times not so much!

    Looking forward to getting to know you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will love it! I took an intro class too and it helped a TON. I know there are a million things I still don't know, but at least I can do the basics :) The problem for me is staying motivated to lug the thing around--why are iPhones so much more convenient?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I wanted toe 5D too, but man that is one expensive camera! I have a Nikon D90 and I love it just as much! But I agree with the person above...I HATE lugging around such a heavy camera when my camera phone is so much easier!! Can't wait to see your pictures!

    x
    Katerina

    http://girlabouthouston.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great that your hubbie encouraged you to have your own interests and really thoughtful of him to encourage you.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the same one I have!!! I dont know how to use it either. What photography class are you taking? I need to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! Here is a great photographer that does sessions like this that I have heard great things about. Go get trained and then train the rest of us when we get cameras too! :)

    Here is the link::
    http://laurenclarkphotography.com/blog/brainwash-info/
    She is wonderful!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly how you feel- I've had a Canon Rebel Xsi for about 5 years and still have pretty much no clue how to use it, I would've loved to (and SHOULD) have taken a photography class with it. I think that was a perfect deal to go along with the camera. Cant wait to see the progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous! Can't wait to see the hits as well as the misses. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm beyond jealous! Can't wait to see the pictures you capture! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am so, so jealous! i can't wait to see all the amazing pictures you will snap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha, I bet it's going to be awesome. I want to take a Photography 101 class now. That camera looks like it'll end up taking better photos than my iPhone currently takes :)
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there pretty lady!
    1. Can't wait to see more pictures from you :)
    2. I nominated you for the "Liebster Blog award" :)
    Check out my post today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What are your wedding photographer rates?????? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky!!!! I want that camera!!

    ps. I nominated you... head on over to my blog!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know.

    Nothin.

    My camera blows. blows. blows. but not as much as your photorgraphy classes will.. you lunatic. Just kidding, you'll rock it, and your photos will be even more fan-freakin-tastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, I can't wait to see if the new camera + the classes = perfect photos! ;) If they do, I'm signing up, too. I've been wanting a good camera, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to do with it and would continue taking crappy photos. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. And I am SO jealous. I cannot wait for the day where I can stop using my cell phone for pictures. Have so much fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yayy, that's so exciting! I've always wanted to get myself one of those fancy cameras too (though I'd totally be just like you -- no clue how to use it).. maybe I can invest in one soon! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been wanting a new camera! I'm so jealous.
    So happy to follow your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I use a Canon Rebel at work and I love it! I, too, have no idea how to use it, but I do get an occasional good photo after taking about 100 of them! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  25. yey, new cameras are awsome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hooray for you new camera!! You'll love it (it's the same one I have, and I LOVE it!)
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Tiff!

    Next time we get together I can show you how to kick that auto setting to the curb. I also have a book I can let you borrow that will help you learn the technical aspects.

    Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera by Bryan Peterson Permalink: http://amzn.com/0817439390

    P.S. The 5D will be my next camera. I'm still shooting with the Rebel xTi I bought in '07. It's been a great camera, but now that I've upgraded all my lenses, flash, etc., it's time to upgrade the body.

    Good luck and holler with questions!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've had the same camera with the same lenses for...oh about 2 years now. And I still don't know how to use it. If you find out any useful tips, share them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Tiff! OK, this post sounds exactly like me! According to my husband (he does all MY research too) I also have a Cannon Rebel T2i!. You are already one step ahead of me though. You took a class. That is the next thing for me to do! I'd love to be a blogger AND a photographer. But I am not. I"m a wanna be. Wanna be photographer and blogger for that case. I"ll have to look through your blog to see the photos you have taken. I"m sure they are beautiful!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.