4.12.2012

buttons and awards


Some of the most amazing bloggers I know are out there pouring their heart and soul into their blog posts.
Me?
Oh my no. I'm too busy making buttons.

It took me about two hours to make these buttons. I hate reading instructions; I prefer trial and error. Please Please do not use this (my) tactic if you are making buttons for the first time. It will take you two hours. And if you read the wiki instructions like I so clearly did not, it will take you about five minutes.
Five minutes!
Anyways, just as I was about to say to myself 'tiff, you are the worst blogger EVER because you can’t even make a stupid button', I get a comment from a dear fellow blogger saying that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Rae, thank you. I am stoked that you thought of me … even though I may suck at making buttons.

This lovely little award is totally like those old chain letters that we used to write. Remember those? Total nostalgia right here.
Here goes my chain letter ...

The Liebster Award is for up and coming bloggers (200 followers or less) that you think deserve recognition for their fabulous blogging abilities.
Here's how this award process works …
Each Nominee Should:
Choose five up and coming blogs to give the Liebster award to.

Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
Post the award on your blog.
List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites.
Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they've received the award.
Share five random facts about yourself.

Whew.

My Facts
Hmmmmm (that doesn’t count)
I am a certified scuba diver
I always sleep with socks on (even if it’s 102 degrees)
I don’t like sushi *gasp*
As a little girl, I wanted nothing more than for my dad to buy me a cow. Yes, a cow.
I cry a lot. It’s good for the soul.

Now for the awesome bloggers:

Shaylynn @ RED lipstick and melodies (Shay, I think you should write two chain letters, because I love you that much)
Peach @ the peach diaries
Hannah & Anne Louise @ The Websetters
Shannon @ Wine Taste Girl
Megan @ Wear Your Passion

And if you’ve already received this award? (because you probably have)
You get it twice! Yay!
But don’t worry, you don’t have to write another chain letter.

26 comments:

  1. Haha. It took me almost the same length of hours to do mine and it's not even that pretty. And the remaining days remodeling it. lol

    Congratulations!

    ~Ronida
    funandruins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too struggled with button making! It took forever and when I finally added it to my blog it was not sized correctly and took up the whole screen woops!


    Congrats on being nominated :) I am excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, girl! You deserve it :) I haven't even tried to make a button yet, but I would definitely use your tactic even though it may not be the best idea. Major props to you for getting it done though! xoxo, morgan

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha i was going to nominate you for this award but hadn't finished putting the post together yet! ;)

    your button looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, you have no idea how long it took me to make 1 button! It was not fun! And I confess...I am SUCH a crier. My friends always make fun of me because I would cry in math class all the time! lol, math just isn't me thing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW. I am grabbing your button :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't got round to doing a button either...crikey sounds scary haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so awesome that you are a certified scuba diver!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog - I'm a fairly new follower! I didn't even know this award existed, obviously I'm a new blogger. ;) Congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog name is too fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your nomination, and thanks for mine!! I'm honored :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww...thank you girl! I love your blog and you totally deserve this award. Hope you're having a great day!
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so so much Tiffany for the nomination! We are sooo excited :) Congrats on your nomination- we adore your blog and your support.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Comment hug alert Tiff, can you feel it already? It's super warm.. it's not an air hug, or side hug. It's a full on, "i love that friggin' Tiff over at the coffeehouse, who makes buttons now, new camera owning, can't cook, bag stealing, master bloggin', award winning, sarcastic, best emailer, I'm gonna steal Sherm one day owner," hug...

    Is that the worst hug of all time? Nah. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. YOU now have a button on my blahwg, guess what.. I have never had buttons on my blahwg until today.

      Delete
  16. I must know how to make buttons!!! :) Look at you, girl! Newbie Smewbie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. P.S. Congrats!! You totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. shay told me i HAD to follow you.

    good thing i agree with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute blog! New follower! I loved the story about how you have a "kid"
    looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. loveeeeeee your blog dear!
    keep posting and go for it!!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. hooray for a sweet award:-) and for figuring out those pesky blog buttons! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the award! And yay for your cute buttons! Would you be interested in swapping? I'd definitely love to add yours to my blog! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahaha, i never make my button so i never had one until my friend stepped in and did it for me out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It took me forever to figure out how to make a button too! But, now I feel like a pro. I stumbled across your blog from Before The I Do's and was intrigued by your blog name. I love a good cup of coffee. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your button, but especially love you scuba dive too!!! have you been anywhere great? my hubby has been to some awesome places in his diving career. i...am pregnant LOL...so mine's hardly begun! but, i'm so hooked!

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.