3.30.2012

a glimpse

A glimpse of what it would be like to have not one, but two dogs.
With a real live kid on top.

And this glimpse scared the crap out of me.
Not to mention our house was a slight disaster.
Now we are back to only one dog. And no real live kids.
And I have to admit, I kind of miss it.

I miss the toys on the kitchen counter and the itty bitty suitcase on the floor.
I miss the cartoons on the tv and even the muddy footprints on the tile. Mmm, I’m lying about that one. But I do miss everything else.

This weekend I will clean and relax and have a couple of glasses of wine with husband.
The perfect weekend.
Except it won’t be as perfect as spending the weekend with these two.

Thanks to my amazing sister-in-law and brother-in-law for trusting us with two of their favorites. We had an absolute blast and I still have a few bumps and bruises to prove it.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Thanks for the glimpse! My husband and I currently have two pups...and we're going to start trying for a baby next year! We'll have to get geared up!!! :)

    Alex ~ http://therolexrelease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we're different. I don't like children. JK:)

    I need to clean this weekend too, should we pray for each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do miss the craziness once it's gone, huh? We babysat 5 boys for a week in Feb and the whole time I was so grateful I don't have kids yet.... once we were done we missed them and the craziness! Ha ha.
    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute post -- I can only imagine how much craziness 2 dogs & a kid would bring into the home.. but a good kind of craziness, right?? xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing better than a blog comment. So thank you! I reply to comments right here under the post, so don't forget to check back if you ask a question. Or you can always email: thejonescoffeehouse@gmail.com.